At Weights & Biases, our mission is to build the best developer tools for machine learning. Weights & Biases is a series C company with $200 million in funding and a rapidly growing user base. Our platform is an essential piece of the daily work for machine learning engineers, from academic research institutions like FAIR and UC Berkeley to massive enterprise teams including iRobot, OpenAI, Toyota Research Institute, Samsung, NVIDIA, Salesforce, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Lyft, and more.
What you’ll achieve
- Personas: Understand our core user’s workflow, dig in on where ML practitioners spend their time, and who else on their teams they interface with.
- Metrics: Dig into existing metrics, identify opportunities to measure user behavior better, and drive projects to capture better metrics. Investigate patterns of user behavior that predict activation, retention, sharing, and conversion to paying customers.
- Interviews: Meet with users and run usability studies to uncover issues and validate hypotheses on how to improve our product funnel.
- Analysis: Analyze the lifecycle of a standard user, and identify how we can show value quickly, capture their daily workflow, and reactivate lapsed users. Test the product, and run through common workflows manually, both in the app and in the client library.
- Collaboration: Work cross-functionally with growth, sales, customer success, ML practitioners, and engineers. Gain insights and communicate hypotheses, goals, and findings in conversations across teams.
- Experiments: Define experiments with clear metrics, spec product, and marketing projects, and own taking the project from inception to launch. Scope projects that include work across surfaces from the web app and client library to documentation, the marketing site, and email campaigns. Work closely with the engineering and growth teams to implement changes, and measure outcomes of A/B tests to identify effective improvements.
- Commercialization: Identify improvements to the user conversion funnel, and make tactical changes to smooth the transition from signing up as a free user to paying for a team, then upgrading to more advanced plans, including both in-product conversion and/or hand-offs to sales.
- Iterations: Revisit successful experiments, and identify if there are opportunities to double down and invest more time in execution.
What we’re looking for
- 4+ years of product management for an enterprise software product or other applicable experience
- Experience making a technical product better, especially improving the developer experience of using a software library
- Experience driving the end-to-end product lifecycle, working autonomously to conduct user interviews, dig in on metrics, define requirements, run a process with engineering to deliver the product, measure success, and iterate
- Deep understanding of a developer’s workflow and pain points and a demonstrated interest in machine learning
- Experience working in a startup context, with demonstrated skills in taking ownership and driving ambiguous projects
- Have a deep understanding of the machine learning pipeline, and experience working with a machine learning team to ship models into production
- Outgoing and friendly: You’ll love this role if you enjoy connecting with real users day to day, helping them solve issues and understand good patterns for using our tools. Day to day you’ll be answering questions and requests with a kind, thoughtful tone that makes users feel appreciated and connected to our team.
- Autonomous: If you work well in a self-directed environment, and proactively find ways to improve processes and collaborate with team members or engaged users, your initiative will really shine in this role.
- Curious and driven: Explore machine learning and learn more about the engineering stack and common ML workflows. Solve problems in both fast-paced, short term sprints and in larger, more long-term projects.
- Organized: A core part of engineering support at Weights & Biases is organizing feedback from many channels into a single, orderly stream. Your organization skills and time management will be key to running this process well.
Why join us?
- Top-tier machine learning teams rely on our tools for their daily work at companies including OpenAI, Toyota Research Institute, Lyft, Samsung, and Pandora.
- You’ll never stop learning. This role gives you first-hand experience talking with leading researchers in the field, understanding their problems, and directly shaping the product direction.
- Our experienced founding team has successfully built and sold ML tools in the past at Figure Eight, and their deep knowledge of our industry, empathy for our users, and skillful management is driving W&B to success.
- Customers genuinely benefit from our tool. Here’s a quote from Wojciech Zaremba, Cofounder and Robotics Lead, OpenAI: “W&B allows to scale up insights from a single researcher to the entire team, and from a single machine to hundreds of them.”
- 🏝️ Unlimited vacation time
- 🩺 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision for employees and Family Coverage
- 🏠 Remote first culture with in-office flexibility in San Francisco
- 💵 $500 home office budget with new high-powered laptop
- 🥇 Truly competitive salary and equity
- 🚼 12 weeks of Parental leave
- 📈 401(k)
We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the job description as we seek out diverse and creative perspectives. Team members who love to learn and collaborate in an inclusive environment will flourish with us. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, reach out at email@example.com.