Altruist is a hyper-growth fintech company on a mission to make financial advice better, more accessible, and affordable. Our team is building a revolutionary platform that reduces barriers to entry into wealth creation and management for financial advisors and their clients. Using Altruist, advisors can work more efficiently and reduce costs, enabling them to help more people.
If you’re passionate about your craft and are looking for big, meaningful problems to solve, then you’ll love what we’re doing. At Altruist, you’ll have the opportunity to do exciting work on products ranging from complex enterprise business software to a beautiful consumer app experience and user acquisition platform.
Altruist is entering an exciting phase, and we’re looking for a Product Manager to join our Portfolio Rebalancing team.
What You’ll Do
- Work with your colleagues in Product, Design, and Engineering to create incredible user experiences that:
- Let advisors maintain customized, tax-sensitive books of business with minimal daily effort through automation that drives consistent outcomes.
- Guide advisors into best practices and help them implement the fiduciary standard.
- Change the advisor/client conversation by documenting value delivered and highlighting things the advisor can control.
- Build a narrative around portfolio rebalancing and help advisors tell that story to their clients as it happens.
- Help the team build a quantitative understanding of our product’s efficacy, its gaps, and demand for new capabilities.
- Support and maintain the product backlog to ensure the team is always maximizing the speed and impact of their work.
- Become a subject matter expert in automated portfolio rebalancing.
- Partner with the brokerage product management team to assist in the growth and support of all brokerage related products.
- Liaise with the Customer Success, Trading Operations, and Compliance teams to investigate issues and work closely with engineering to find solutions.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of prior experience working in a product management role, preferably in financial technology.
- Ability to work during core US equity market hours.
- Experience working in an agile environment using tools such as Jira, confluence, etc.
- Experience working with requirements within a regulated industry.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills and ability to present your ideas to and collaborate with engineering and design teams.
- Proven track record of effective product development work, with quantifiable results.
- Affinity for a fast-paced, early-stage environment.
What You’ll Get
At Altruist, you’ll partner with a talented group of creators working relentlessly to disrupt an antiquated system primed for radical change. You’ll have the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth professionals at the forefront of their disciplines and the opportunity to make a real impact through your contributions. As an early team member at a game-changing, growing company, you’ll have a significant influence on how we deliver on our mission.
Altruist believes the best work comes from a happy team who’s continually encouraged to grow and develop their expertise.
We take pride in our culture, built on a foundation of mutual respect and transparency, and rooted in our three core values:
Kindness: The equal and kind treatment of all is of foremost importance to us, and we continually strive to bring diversity in thought and background to our team to strengthen our company.
Brilliance: Constantly striving to better your craft and broaden your boundaries through consistent learning and growth.
Grit: Our team is driven, has a bias towards action, and an insatiable appetite for getting things done to bring us closer to realizing our mission.