Since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we’ve seen tremendous growth while intentionally creating a culture where people from all backgrounds can belong. Our company and products are informed by diverse, unique perspectives and the best global talent. We are fully remote, have no offices, and are looking for team members who are excited to work remotely.
We closed our Series A and B in 2020, and after raising a $67.5M Series C in 2021, we are scaling faster than ever. Join us to grow your career with our rapidly growing company!
For this position, we are looking for candidates located or open to working in the GMT +1 timezone.
An experienced Product Manager to join our team and champion developers using Shogun Frontend, the end-to-end headless commerce platform. You will lead and prioritize for the Storefront team, empowering merchants to manage the best ecommerce experiences. Our merchants and marketers are responsible for publishing, editing, and running campaigns through their storefronts. This team is dedicated to making them as successful as possible, driving towards no code experiences.
We’re looking for individuals with a track record of driving and launching transformative products and rallying the business – from frontline to execs – to deliver impact for customers and ultimately results. In this role, you will help lay the foundation for the Shogun Product team and need to be an expert at driving clarity in a fast-moving environment.
We are looking for PMs that naturally identify customer pain points, champion them with qualitative and quantitative data, and drive solutions that account not only for the technical teams but also GTM. You will work closely with our VP of Product and Engineering and Design leads on conceptualizing and building the best front end products for merchants of all sizes.
In This Role You Will…
- Reflect the voice of the customer to all stakeholders across the business by acquiring customer empathy through direct and indirect customer research
- Manage the roadmap—recognize and ruthlessly prioritize potential projects from various inputs so the team is always working on the most impactful projects.
- Drive accountability for results through quantitative and qualitative success metrics
- Deliver world-class software—maintain the quality of the product that your team is responsible for
- Motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers
- Ultimately, deliver products that Shogun clients love
Skills You Have
- A baseline of 5+ years of experience in a Product Manager role
- Design thinking comes to you naturally – a natural desire to work backwards from the customer problem and constantly check assumptions
- Proven experience working with both qualitative customer insights, and quantitative customer data to inform decisions
- Conducted user research, a/b tests and partnered with data analysts and design researchers to draw conclusions
- A deep empathy for merchants and brand managers maintaining websites and storefronts
- Familiarity with fundamental web technologies including but not limited to JAMstack, Progressive Web Applications, and Content Management Systems – bonus points for articulating “Headless”
Traits You Demonstrate
- Highly driven and entrepreneurial personality with the ability to get stuff done while maintaining attention to detail
- Desire to meet people where they are with information and context in order to bring the whole team along on the journey
- Passion for solving customer problems, big and small, and the ability to leave your ego at the door with better information
- The ability to rally people and the organization around major initiatives. We love to see people that drive change through peers!
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description as we are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the mentioned location(s) without requiring employment visa sponsorship.