Teachable is on a mission to enable the transformative power of knowledge in our world. Our online platform enables individuals and small businesses (our “Creators”) to build, host and sell online courses and coaching. We generate revenue in two ways: (1) from monthly or annual subscription fees (SaaS) paid to us by our Creators for access to the platform; and (2) from transaction fees calculated as a percent of the value of courses and services sold by Creators through our platform. We currently support over 40,000 Creators who have collectively sold over $1 billion in courses and coaching on Teachable; the Teachable Money Crew powers the underlying infrastructure and creates the experiences to support our knowledge-based creators in running and scaling their businesses.
This position reports into the Director of Product and will be responsible for driving the vision, development and measurement of exceptional student commerce experiences for Teachable. This role will develop the business strategy for critical parts of the student commerce journey, including payment integrations and checkout, and is designed for a senior product person with a deep analytical background and a passion for ecommerce, merchandising, and optimizing for engaging user flows.
We just crossed the boundary into the “three comma club”, having helped our customers sell for a total of a billion dollars in our first 6 years. It’s well within reason for us to repeat the next billion during 2022. Our customers trust us to be their business partners and we need YOU to come play a critical role in fulfilling this promise.
- Define product/platform strategy for student commerce experience and manage a prioritized roadmap that addresses customer needs
- Facilitate opportunity assessment, solutioning, and other forms of discovery, alongside the entire pod; conduct market research, qualitative research, quantitative analysis and constantly seek out more knowledge about the market and the customer
- Play the role of Product Owner in the pod’s Scrum process; be a conduit of information regarding factors guiding the pod’s work
- Be primarily accountable for smooth and impactful planning, go-to-market execution and customer adoption of the pod’s outputs
- Establish and monitor success metrics for betas, launches, and features to enable data-driven prioritization and identify improvements
- Be primarily accountable for keeping all the pod’s collaborators, partners, stakeholders and other relevant parties informed of the pod’s affairs
What We’re Looking For
- At least 3 years of experience building software products, preferably in or around e-commerce, fintech, payments, or other highly relevant complex space with a high degree of regulatory sensitivities
- A metrics-driven approach and ability to dive into data sources to demonstrate your strategy and results
- Energetic self-starter and innovative thinker who balances a strong customer and quality focus while thinking big
- Hands-on experience with delivering against regulatory / compliance requirements, leveraging project management fundamentals (i.e. managing to timelines, stakeholder engagement, etc.)
- Experience working in growth stage ($10MM – $100MM ARR) companies is a plus
Preferred Domain Expertise
- Ecommerce (e.g. checkout), financial services, (international and domestic), and marketplace facilitator regulation etc.
- Integrations to 3rd party providers — we use Stripe, Paypal, Fonoa, and Vertex
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we’ve raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
Teachable is continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won’t hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you’ll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable operates under a hybrid work model, meaning we give our employees the flexibility to work from home or from one of our offices at their leisure.
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we’re committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.