At Vercel, we believe that liberating the frontend unlocks creativity and open-source is the best way forward.
We are building a next-generation internet where developers can create freely and execute new ideas, guaranteeing a more vibrant, personalized internet. Vercel’s platform provides the speed and reliability to create at the moment of inspiration. In other words, our friction-less, real-time deployment makes it possible to start working on projects immediately — anywhere in the world.
Our globally-distributed team works asynchronously to lead the React ecosystem and serve developers at large companies. We pride ourselves on our diversity, shared urgency to iterate, team-oriented decision making, and drive to dig deep.
About the role:
The Product Manager for Usage and Billing will play a critical role in making it possible for users to understand their usage, correlate it with value, and pay in the ways that meet their needs.
We are looking for a product leader to help shape and deliver on our vision, to build and ship secure, performant applications and create rich end-user experiences that improve the lives of people operating in countless different industries all around the world, every day!
As a Senior Product Manager, you will report to the Director of Product and work closely with Vercel’s engineering, design, marketing, and sales organizations. This is an opportunity to make our products’ story crisp, shape a developers’ first experience, and bring the most inspirational products at Vercel to life. If you are a patient, compassionate leader who loves building products that enable developers to do their best work, then we would like to hear from you!
What you will do:
- Own the vision and strategy for your Vercel’s Usage and Billing: You will be responsible for shaping and implementing the vision for our usage systems and experience, and will work across the company to understand stakeholder needs, build customer empathy, back up decisions with metrics, and ship products that meet the demands of the Vercel user base.
- Establish and manage your backlog: Make tough prioritization decisions while helping the team think about the near and long-term reality of shipping high-performance infrastructure.
- Build trust and cultivate influence with stakeholders: Understand our business needs and consistently and accurately represent our customers’ difficulties and how we’re resolving them on the roadmap.
- Make data-driven decisions: Use data to help you form hypotheses about prioritizing your roadmap and validating your choices. Look for trends to pinpoint where customers might be experiencing inefficiencies and unnecessary pain on the platform.
- Connect with customers daily: Establishing relationships with our customers is key to helping them get the most out of Vercel.
- Own the outcome and success for your area: Collaborate with the team to fully understand what success means for each ship, and then represent that outcome at all company levels.
- You consider yourself a T-shaped product leader.
- You have experience with SaaS and PaaS products.
- Strong familiarity with analytics.
- Strong user advocate, especially for developers collaborating in teams.
- Strong ability to plan, prioritize, and carry out complex projects with high attention to detail along the way.
- Excellent communication skills, especially when working with a distributed team.
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description