The big picture: Axios HQ is a software platform that helps organizations communicate more effectively by bringing years of newsroom research to remote team’s fingertips so they can create smart updates that distill essential information in half the time — increasing transparency, boosting engagement, and building trust. Learn more about Axios HQ:
Why it matters: The product marketing manager will be responsible for messaging the unique value of Axios HQ — managing go-to-market launches, sales enablement and market research.
Go deeper: In this role, you will make an impact to Axios through the following responsibilities:
- Leading product positioning and messaging to support demand generation, content development, and go-to-market strategies.
- Owning market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers: who they are, how they buy, and their key buying criteria.
- Understanding the competitive landscape—defining our competitors and how they are positioned.
- Defining and developing appropriate content, collateral, and programs to grow awareness, educate the market and drive successful end-user engagements.
- Collaborating with marketing and sales to develop sales enablement programs — internal tools, external collateral and training programs that teach sales about the campaigns marketing is running, the problems we solve for buyers, and how to handle objections.
- Collaborate with content, providing product and market expertise, to develop content across various platforms (blogs, videos, website contents, webinars, newsletters, etc.)
Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Cross-functional collaboration, especially with sales and account management teams
- Exceptional ROI-tracking, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working
- Keen interest in a SaaS subscription business
- Strong understanding of customer segments and journey through the conversion funnel
- Highly analytical with a knack for using data to make decisions
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- An independent and creative thinker who takes initiative and makes things happen.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.