Outschool’s mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We achieve this by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with other classmates who share their passions, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own paths. Our small group classes meet over live video chat with teachers who celebrate their unique strengths and empower all learners to develop confidence and a strong sense of self.
We’re also focused on removing barriers for historically underserved learners who face systemic challenges to their success. In 2020, we started Outschool.org and began offering financial assistance to families in need. We are currently creating an Educator Endowment Fund to appreciate the teachers who are so central to our mission of inspiring kids to love learning.
We believe that diversity drives learning. To meet our mission, we encourage, support, and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds. As a fully distributed (remote) team, we challenge one another to find the most effective way to empower learners, teachers, and parents. Your name, race, religion, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and age are not barriers; they are why we want to work with you. We invite talented and creative candidates who value the importance of nurturing a child’s boundless curiosity to join us on this journey.
The pandemic has been challenging for families all over the globe. We acted quickly and worked together to provide quality resources to learners, parents, and teachers in the past year. As communities worldwide rethink their approach to education, Outschool will continue to innovate and provide kids with unique opportunities to explore their passions.
Earlier this year, Techcrunch recognized Outschool as the newest EdTech unicorn. We’ve also been named Fast Company’s most innovative EdTech company in the world, and one of the top ten best startups for women from Elpha.
Outschool.org, the non-profit arm of Outschool, started in the spring of 2020. Currently, we have served over 25,000 learners, given more than 2 million dollars in free classes, and topped 100,000 hours of education to learners in need. Our work moving forward is to continue providing this support while scaling our impact to reach even more learners, support additional communities, and address different barriers to learning.
Are you inspired to ensure all children, especially those who come from low-income or marginalized families, have access to high-quality, rich, and inspiring educational content, teachers, and supportive communities? Outschool.org is looking to build a team of experienced and innovative individuals committed to equity and access to education. We are looking for a passionate and dedicated marketing professional to execute marketing efforts, create compelling communications, cultivate our community and tell the story of the impact and future potential of Outschool.org; for someone who flourishes in a swiftly shifting environment while seamlessly managing multiple projects, working across teams, and creating strategic communication strategies. We are excited about someone who can be the voice of our audiences, create compelling content, manage events and communicate our story of impact. This will be a cross-functional role where you will collaborate with multiple teams to influence what products we build and increase access to these products based on feedback from our donors, grantees, and financially assisted families.
- Manage multiple marketing initiatives and campaigns, including fundraising efforts, digital events, and constituent engagement
- Create compelling content that builds on the intersection of the Outschool.com and Outschool.org brands
- Use communication skills to build the Outschool.org brand, increase awareness and inspire high-worth donors and institutions to support the mission of removing barriers to learning for all children
- Unite a cross-functional team to organize and execute events, communications, and projects
- Together with the Product team, educate both internal and external stakeholders on our product features and their benefits
- Work with the Executive Director to develop, manage and report on communication efforts and performance via analytics
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 5+ years of experience in project management, digital marketing or communications
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to develop, organize, and maintain process documentation
- Experience elevating voices of color and communicating to marginalized communities
- Strong understanding of the importance and skill of storytelling, impact measurement, and community building
- Strong communication skills, creating thoughtful and engaging presentations, content that represents our organization
- Strong relational skills with the ability to listen deeply, understand another’s hardships, and how to support, develop and inspire others to achieve impact and meet goals
- Passion for equity, learning, and education, and aspiration to make it better
- Experience in K-12 space, nonprofit fundraising or start-up space desired
- Experience executing marketing, outreach, and mass communication strategies – experience going through a branding project is a plus
- Experience with online fundraising or giving campaigns
- Familiarity with collaboration, CRM, and analytics tools like Slack, Google Analytics, and Metabase
- Shared Financial Success: Competitive salaries, stock options, and investment plans that make saving for retirement easier.
- Health & Wellness: Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage options for employees and their families. Our medical benefits include fertility and family planning coverage. We also provide employees with online access to coaching and therapy sessions through our partner, ModernHealth.
- PTO & Family Benefits: PTO and family leave enable our team to take the time that we need to recharge, relax, and spend time with family and friends.
- Fully Distributed: With a team distributed across the US and Canada, we create a remote culture through expensable weekly meals, virtual events, expensable home office setup, and internet allowance.
- Lifelong Learners: Annual budgets to self-direct our professional development as well as DEI learning. There’s also a budget for employees’ learners to take classes on Outschool!
- Community Impact: Outschool matches employee donations to established charities and has committed to donating $3M to Outschool.org non-profit programs.
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Outschool is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be a citizen or legal resident of the U.S. or Canada and reside in U.S. or Canada.