For millions of teams working in dozens of industries, day-to-day business gets done on the phone. So why—despite the huge leaps we’ve taken in design and usability—does most business phone software still look, feel, and act like it was born in the 90s?
OpenPhone is changing that. We’re the modern, sophisticated answer to the clunky, outdated phone systems that have been slowing down businesses for years. And after earning 20,000 happy customers and 52M in funding in just four years, it’s safe to say we’re onto something big.
Our team is curious, ambitious, and dedicated to their crafts. We’re high trust with a strong bias for action. If you’re looking for a place to do your life’s work, get in touch. We’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for a full-stack Product Marketing Manager. You’ll work closely with the founders and in collaboration with product, sales, and design teams to build, launch, and drive adoption of OpenPhone. You will have the opportunity to help us build out the marketing foundation —from developing messaging and positioning, telling our customers’ stories, creating impactful campaigns, and more.
If you’re looking for a challenge and want to make a significant impact at a high-growth startup, this is the right opportunity for you.
Here are some things you’ll do:
- Develop product messaging and positioning that resonates with our customers and clearly sets us apart from competitors
- Work cross-functionally to create landing pages, blogs posts, guides, and other content to help prospects and customers
- Lead product launches and campaigns across various channels – web, social, email, ads, etc.
- Create campaigns to drive adoption of existing features
- Help customers get the most value out of our product through educational content – blog posts, videos, guides, webinars, and more
- You have 2+ years of experience in Product Marketing or a similar role, ideally at a high growth company or SaaS business
- You enjoy interviewing customers and learning how we can improve their experience
- You have exceptional writing skills and can distill complexity into clear and concise messaging (bonus points for a good sense of humor – telecommunications shouldn’t be boring 🤘)
- You’re a creator who has produced remarkable content, where it is videos, blog posts, case studies, events, etc.
- You are scrappy and enjoy finding creative ways to plow through obstacles.
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. We’re looking for an optimist with grit and determination, who is excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. OpenPhone is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply to us even if you don’t 100% match the exact candidate description.
OpenPhone is a new type of business phone. Our mission is to help people communicate better and be more productive.
We’re backed by Y Combinator and the best venture firms including Tiger Global, Craft Ventures, Slow Ventures, Kindred Ventures, and others. We’re serving thousands of businesses around the world and growing quickly. We take a lot of pride in providing an exceptional customer experience and a product people love. Our customers rated us #1 on all possible categories on G2 Crowd.
We’re a distributed team working from around the world – San Francisco, Seattle, Ottawa, Moscow, Manila, Sydney, and many more.
We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.