Hi, I’m Alex, Director of Marketing at Customer.io.
I am looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join our Marketing Team. This role will be responsible for driving feature adoption and product education through marketing campaigns.
You’ll be responsible for crafting external messaging and positioning. When it comes time to bring a new product or feature to market, you’ll have the chance to define what marketing success looks like and sculpt the channel strategy that will make it possible, partnering across the marketing organization to bring the strategy to life.
Some things you’ll do
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in the market
- Define and own the go-to-market process for new product features and updates
- Build an ongoing, cross-channel marketing strategy for our products that aligns closely with the goals of our Product team
- Keep product and marketing teams informed of the latest updates to the competitive landscape
- Own reporting, analysis, and communication of marketing activities pertaining to new features.
- An up-and-coming mid-level marketer with relevant experience: experience in a product marketing role, ideally in B2B SaaS. Marketing automation or customer data platform is a plus!
- Proven success launching technical features through various marketing channels.
- Growth mindset, adaptability, and a drive for continuous improvement
What we’re looking for
- Strong project management abilities to plan and execute complex cross-functional initiatives
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, and visual
- Ability to translate complex concepts into simple, clear and intuitive language
- Analytical, creative, and strategic thinking and a willingness to take calculated risks
- Customer focus, with a deep understanding of the value customer engagement platforms provide marketers.
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 3,100 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $79,000 – $88,000 USD depending on experience and subject to market rate.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO – we recommend 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave – for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching – up to 5% dollar for dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance – Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend – Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement – Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement – Up to $300 USD per month for those times you’d prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development – Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops – anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io – to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- Company retreats twice a year – we typically get together IRL every spring and fall, but most recently had an amazing virtual retreat!
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! – as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below by 5pm PST October 1st and tell us why you’re interested in the position! In your cover letter, be sure to tell us the title of the last book you read. There is no advantage to applying early so put your best foot forward. We plan to respond to all applicants by October 5th with a status update about your application.
Here’s what you can expect from our hiring process:
- 30 minute video call with Symone, our Recruiting Manager
- 45 minute video call with Alex, Director of Marketing
- Take Home Assignment
- 60 minute Homework Review interview with two potential Team Members
- Final Interview with Alex