Code for America believes government can work for the people, by the people, in the 21st century. We build open source technology and organize a network of people dedicated to making government services simple, effective, and easy to use. Our employees build and transform government services, making them so good they inspire change. We merge the best parts of technology, non-profit, and government to help support the people who need it most. With a focus on diversity, equity, inclusion, and deep empathy for both the government and the people the government serves, we’re building a movement of motivated change agents driven by meaningful results and lasting impact. At Code for America you will contribute to meaningful work while learning and developing in a supportive and flexible environment. Our compensation and benefits are holistic and thoughtfully curated to represent our employees and our mission. Come help us drive real generational change that lasts.
Code for America is looking for a Director of Strategic Partnerships who will work across our Social Safety Net portfolio programs to foster strategic partnerships that drive high-impact opportunities for digital services, products, and programs that transform the delivery of social safety net benefits in states across the nation. This is a newly created role to bring sustainable growth to the Social Safety Net Portfolio through strategic partnerships. The ideal candidate will bring strong alliance-building skills and relationships with state and federal government leaders, civic tech organizations, and policy and advocacy organizations in the human services sector.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Director of Strategic Partnerships in the Social Safety Net Portfolio. This is a leadership role to lead and execute a growth strategy built upon collaboration and innovation with government agencies, civic technology partners, and allied policy and advocacy organizations. This role will put shape to new and growing initiatives, by building impactful external relationships that grow impact towards collective goals and cross-sector partnerships that scale the impact of our work.
The Program Director should have sufficient background in social safety net programs and technical facilities with digital services to be a credible partner, along with an understanding of the on-the-ground realities of accessing safety net services. This background may include the delivery and outcomes of services and programs including WIC, SNAP, Medicaid, or TANF. The Program Director will collaborate with Code for America’s cross-functional Program, Engineering, Product, and Design teams to facilitate alignment with external partners, government agencies, and policy and advocacy organizations.
The Program Director should be skilled at providing framing and structure to new opportunities to move from ideas to reality. They should be comfortable taking risks and navigating through ambiguity, while staying focused on delivering tangible results. The ideal candidate will bring knowledge about current opportunities in social safety net policy and operations that have emerged during and after the pandemic public health emergency.
The Program Director should be skilled at executing bold strategies for Code for America’s digital service delivery and partnerships that provide greater leverage for systems change. They should also possess humility and eagerness to provide leadership to cross-functional, independent teams. This role reports to the Senior Director, Social Safety Net. The role will be expected to supervise program staff within a matrix structure, and must be able to stand-up new teams and support teams through transitions.
This role may be remote or based in San Francisco, and includes travel up to 25% of time.
In this position you will:
- Support, develop and grow external partnerships that advance the Social Safety Net Portfolio strategy, and enable our cross-functional teams to deliver high-value products, people-centered outcomes, and lasting impact in social safety net services.
- Align our work with ecosystem partners to advance opportunities to scale impact and drive larger systems change with tech-driven advocacy to create lasting, equitable change in social safety net program and policy implementation.
- Supervise and support program staff, such as associate program directors and managers.
- Develop, maintain and grow relationships within Federal and State agencies to strengthen Code for America’s reputation as a trusted partner in safety net delivery.
- Develop, maintain and grow existing relationships with policy, research and community organizations to strengthen Code for America’s collaborative strategic partnerships.
- Develop pitches, proposals and contract agreements for partnerships that can open up sustainable nonprofit revenue streams, including philanthropy and earned revenue.
- Drive superb execution, anticipating staffing needs, risks, and the need for frequent and clear communication internally and with stakeholders.
- Be the interpreter who communicates the voice of government partners internally and in product decision making, and be fluent in communicating product strategy and priorities to government partners.
- Represent Code for America through writing, disseminating, and speaking at conferences, events, and in the field with the Code for America Network.
- Collaborate with the Programs team to engage and broaden learning for future work.
- At least 8 years of program, consulting or business development experience with increasing responsibility, ideally within government, civic technology, social enterprise or the nonprofit sector.
- At least 3 years as a people manager with a track record of leading teams to execution, ideally cross-discipline teams (such as product, research, or engineering).
- Strong process and project execution skills including program or project scoping and a commitment to responsive follow-through.
- Proven track record of cross-sector stakeholder engagement (public, nonprofit, private), ideally including data usage, policy, and business process implementation.
- Passion for the Code for America mission and vision for digital service delivery, and strong and persuasive values for the role of user-centered technology in government
- Politically astute and able to find common ground and build relationships across political differences, especially within a government environment.
- Familiarity with at least one of the major social service programs (such as SNAP, Medicaid, TANF, WIC, or EITC).
- Strong understanding of government service delivery and contract mechanisms.
- A compelling communicator with a can-do attitude, who is able to clearly explain concerns, reasoning, and decisions to internal teams and external partners.
- Thrives in a fast paced environment, gravitates towards continuous change, and happy to change their mind based on new information or constructive criticism.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% time and employ effective strategies for working remotely.
- Natural collaborator who values honesty and openness, builds relationships, seeks input, does not shy away from conflict, and facilitates decision-making.
- Servant leader that puts those closest to the issue first, seeks to serve instead of command, shows humility instead of brandishing authority, and looks to enhance teamwork to unlock potential, creativity and sense of purpose.
- Able to prioritize a direction, follow through, and make corrections to stay on track.
- Cares about end users and real people, and goes the extra mile to “get it right” for them rather than simply hitting performance goals.
- Comfortable working in a group environment that requires team building and mentoring.
It’s a bonus points if you/have:
- Experience with WIC, SNAP or Medicaid business process or technology
- Experience with government technology procurement
- Experience working with a social impact-focused product team
- Experience working in government
- Understanding of financial management and budgets
- Experience with agile product development and working in iterative planning cycles
What you’ll get:
- Full benefits package with 100% coverage towards select medical, dental and vision plans and contributes 80% of the cost towards dependent and family coverage
- 401k plan with matching funds
- A collaborative, hardworking and fun environment
- Leadership and teammates who value Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity
- Professional development includes bi annual 360 review process and $1000 annual budget
- A manager and org-wide structure that supports and enables professional development
- Compensation: Code for America’s salary bands are transparent internally as a part of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, we extend this to our hiring process. This role at this level is ranged from ($131,750 – $178,250) in yearly salary. As a part of our equitable hiring practices, we aim to target the midpoint of the 2nd quartile of the range for all new hires. That target for this role is $149,188. These ranges and the target are for the San Francisco/ Bay Area market and subject to adjustment for cost of living differentials.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Code for America values a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Code for America is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.