About Big Sky Health
Big Sky Health—creator of the world’s most popular fasting app Zero—is passionate about helping people live healthier, longer lives. Our digital experiences provide information, motivation, and accountability on your path toward wellness. We’re a small, mission-driven, Series A startup with an incredible team of scientific experts and investors. We are looking for thoughtful collaborators and strategic self-starters who are driven and care deeply to positively make an impact on the health and well-being of millions of people.
Big Sky Health is 100% remote, with team members working from their favorite desks in Los Angeles, Toronto, Lisbon, Nairobi, and yes, Big Sky, Montana. We offer competitive salary and benefits, unlimited time off, and a stipend for making your work space work for you. We’re comfortable with and enthusiastic about working across time zones and hiring globally. While maintaining the flexibility to work from anywhere, we require all to have some overlapping hours with Mountain Time working hours.
About the role
Big Sky Health is hiring its first Program Manager and we are looking to bring on someone who will have a far-reaching impact on improving the workflow for our rapidly-growing distributed team. This role is a great opportunity to build the Program Management discipline and team from the ground up. In this role you’ll work closely with product, engineering, design, content, marketing, support and community teams to build and release great software and content on time. You’ll hone the craft of Program Management to the new paradigm of remote work — our team is located on 6 continents and we work across 13 time zones. Reporting to the VP of Operations, you’ll have the opportunity to influence the practices, processes, and culture that drive the day-to-day work of our team. To start, you’ll work as a hands-on Program Manager to bring order to the happy chaos of a fast-moving startup. As the scope of Program Management grows, you’ll transition into a player-coach role. You’ll be responsible for building and managing a Program Management team and the KPIs that drive it. You’ll work with leadership across the company to realize process improvements that allow us to work smarter and faster without sacrificing quality or our values.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate closely with Product Development to create execution plans to deliver the roadmap. This includes leading scoping initiatives across the team
- Create, communicate, and maintain release schedules and project plans, making sure that all stakeholders are aware of key dates and requirements
- Coordinate timelines and juggle priorities between engineering, design, content, and marketing to create well-orchestrated and executed releases
- Identify and resolve risks and roadblocks
- Partner with product development leaders to enable continuous learning and process improvements, through activities like retrospectives
- Hire and manage project and program managers
- Define and deploy the Program Management practices and tools that make the most sense for this team
What we are looking for:
- 7+ years experience managing complex software projects and 2+ years prior experience as a manager
- Experience with a wide variety of project management methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, etc.) and know how to craft the right approach for a specific team
- Familiarity with how to successfully manage programs in a distributed environment is preferred; Curiosity and excitement about how to modify your existing approaches and tools to this new way of working
- Experience managing priorities and schedules in a dynamic, fast-paced environment using a variety of approaches and processes tuned to the needs of the team
- A curious, independent, self-starter who is analytical, empathetic, and calm
- Someone capable of building collaborative relationships based on trust, candor, and respect
- Exceptional communication, organization, and problem solving skills
- Must be located in North America or Western Europe
- Fluency in English is a must!
- Prior startup experience is strongly preferred
We’ve got big dreams, a wonderful team, strong traction and an exciting roadmap. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds and identities. Bringing on new talent is an opportunity for us to enrich our company culture with brand new perspectives. Join us!