At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Do you have a passion for project management? Are you comfortable managing the thousands of details of a program while also keeping the long view? Then join Curriculum Associates (CA) as a Project Manager! Reporting up through the Operations team, the Project Manager will manage the development of curriculum products, working closely with the content, design, and development teams as well as vendors and key stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of educational publishing, product development life cycles, experience coordinating internal teams, freelancers, and vendors, and a working knowledge of how to develop and deliver digital and print products. The Project Manager will help determine and define project scope and objectives and ensure project schedules and budgets are adhered to.
The impact you’ll have:
- You will develop and manage a detailed, end-to-end project schedule and continually track real vs. anticipated progress
- You will help determine resources needed to reach objectives and manage internal, contract, and vendor resources in an effective and efficient manner, maintaining reasonable workloads while meeting the needs of the project
- You will provide project status updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders, document key decisions, open issues, and risks
- You will prepare project budgets based on scope of work and resource requirements and manage projected and actual project costs.
- You will forecast expenses and resource allocations
- You will manage contracts with vendors and independent contractors by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables.
- You will document all project specifications as they evolve through the project life span
- You will be responsible for project delivery that is on time, in scope, and in alignment with the budget, escalating issues and potential solutions with these constraints to leadership as they arise
- You will manage the product development lifecycle from product conceptualization, definition, execution and through to implementation
- You will monitor project progress and measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in educational product development
- A passion for Project Management
- Comfort managing the thousands of details of a program while also keeping the long view
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- The ability to foster and maintain a collaborative team dynamic
- Creative problem solving
- Planning and organizing skills
- The ability to communicate clearly, both by speaking directly and writing concisely
- Conflict management and negotiation
- The ability and desire to learn quickly and adapt to new/changing priorities
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and a demonstrated record of previous achievement
- A team player who works productively and cooperatively with a wide range of people and styles
- Strong interpersonal skills
What we’d also love to see:
- Sound budgeting and forecasting experience
- Proven experience delivering successful complex K–12 curriculum programs
- Experience with both print and digital curriculum materials
- Demonstrated success partnering with cross-functional teams to execute projects with multiple dependencies
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- This position can be in one of our offices (North Billerica, Brooklyn) or remote
- Willingness to work East Coast business hours (9 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST) is required
Please note: Applicants who do not meet all the above criteria but who have transferrable skills or experience relevant to this position are encouraged to apply.