There’s a person we want to work with.
Thing is, we’re not talking about someone specific. In fact, that’s the problem. We’re talking about a set of traits and an attitude, which is scarce! We want QA Engineers who see things differently; that don’t conform to the norm. You’re ready to get the job done, and even surprise us.
There are so many lousy job descriptions for engineers in the world, we’re writing down what we’re looking for in hopes that this person (you?) is out there:
- You understand that communication is the biggest responsibility of your job, and the one you’re least likely to get right unless you focus on it
- When you take on a task whether it’s huge and scary or tiny and boring, you’re going to see it through to the best of your ability
- You focus on building tests for products that protect users and that matter to the company you’re building them for
- You are confident with a number of programming languages and tools. You probably have one of each you prefer right now, but you’re neither dogmatic nor myopic in your focus on it
What we Expect from our QA Automation Engineer:
- Work with the Product and Development teams in developing a QA testing strategy for projects
- Determining the appropriate balance of manual and automated tests, as well as the types of tests (UI, API, functional/performance/load, and so on)
- Improve and build upon our test suite, test guidelines, and testing culture
- Review and test your teammates’ pull requests
- 3+ years of software testing & development experience including manual and automated testing of web applications and APIs
- Advanced problem-solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with, and a strong understanding of Ruby on Rails and RSpec
- Ability to manage tasks from assignment through to production
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- You have remote communication and collaboration down to an art (chat, video, email, etc)
- Experience improving test suite performance
- A solid team player (we’re peers here, no egos, please), you highly value working with people you like and respect, you’re agile, humble, trustworthy, and you’re comfortable working asynchronously, too
- Accountable, you’re hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
Please note that we are not able to sponsor any type of international visa at this time.
At TaxJar, we believe a diverse team creates better solutions for our customers. Read our Diversity statement below:
TaxJar is a human-first company.
People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people – our team and our customers – first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it’s harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
TaxJar’s 2020 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging report here.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401k Plan
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
If you send us a referral for someone who may be a great candidate for this role, we’ll pay you $1,000 if we hire them. To refer someone, please email their full name to email@example.com and add “Candidate Referral – [Job Title]” to the subject line once the individual has applied for a role.