Hi, I’m Julia, Engineering Manager at Customer.io. I’m looking for a QA Engineer to join our growing Engineering team.
We are seeking product-minded, empowered individuals who work collaboratively with their peers on interesting problems, and get those solutions into the hands of customers quickly. We value diversity, attracting the best people in the world to serve as colleagues. Our flexibility and freedom to work from anywhere in the world enables you to craft a work environment in which you can do your best work.
Customer.io is looking for product-focused, collaborative QA Engineers who love solving interesting puzzles and are excited to help us build a scalable platform that our customers love. In this role, you’ll have a direct impact on the quality of the product with a high degree of ownership and freedom. Our small, remote-first team is fun-loving, passionate, and highly effective. We offer many opportunities to grow and refine your skills while having a significant impact.
What you’ll do:
- Be a model and mentor for designing plans, scenarios, and scripts to test our services which help our customers easily send timely & relevant messages at scale
- Apply your unique perspective to help us define and test the next generation of features and infrastructure needed to help our customers and our company to flourish
- Contribute to and maintain our growing automation suite
- Learn, practice, and share with your coworkers through test case review, pair programming, team collaboration, and training to help improve our collective knowledge and best practices together
- Work with our tech support teams to diagnose operational issues and help our customers to achieve their goals with our product
- Take an active role in a friendly, supportive team that encourages you and the entire company to grow as individuals, professionals, and teams
What we’re looking for:
- A collaborative mindset backed by excellent communication skills and a desire to help us make great decisions in an empathetic and respectful way
- Experience working with customers and applying a deep understanding of their needs to produce timely solutions to their real-world problems
- Ability to participate in technical discussions and provide feedback from a QA point of view.
- Experience in developing test plans, assessing risk, filing appropriate bugs, and consolidating bug reports
- Ability to perform manual testing while identifying opportunities for automation
- Ability to develop reliable test automation in Python with high-code quality, and conduct peer code reviews (e.g., unit-tests, regression tests, functional tests, stress tests).
- Experience writing automated tests using Cypress, Selenium, or another testing tool for web applications. This includes going from the design documents to creating test designs, writing test scripts, reporting results, and helping developers analyze any issues
- Experience working within a distributed company is preferred
- Availability to overlap 9 am ET to 12 pm ET
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 4,700 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of emails, SMS, push notifications, and in-app messages. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $90,000 – $150,000 USD (or equivalent in local currency) depending on experience and subject to market rate adjustment.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO – we encourage 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave – for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching – up to 5% dollar for dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance – Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend – Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement – Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement – Up to $300 USD per month for those times you’d prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development – Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops – anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io – to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- 1 annual company retreat per year and opportunities to meet in smaller groups throughout the year
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! – as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check and employment verifications as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below and tell us why you’re interested in the position! We plan to respond to all applicants by April 10 with a status update about your application.
Here’s what you can expect from our hiring process:
- 30 minute video call with the Hiring Manager
- 1-hour Technical Interview with two members of our team
- Take-Home Assignment and Review with two members of our team
- Final call with our VP of Engineerning