At Picnic, we’re revolutionising the way people buy groceries with our innovative and sustainable app-only service. We do almost everything in-house, developing cutting-edge technologies and processes to ensure we continue to grow rapidly without missing a beat. If you’re a passionate QA Engineer, we’re offering you the opportunity to join the diverse team at our Amsterdam HQ and make a real difference in our scaleup environment.
In a nutshell
As a Quality Assurance Engineer at Picnic, you will stop at nothing to achieve only the best standard of quality. With a creative and analytical approach, you will take ownership of product quality. You will define test strategies and plans, as well as manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
You feel at home implementing automated tests, and display a comprehensive understanding of how tests fit into a business plan and product vision. Using your excellent communication skills, you will coach your team on quality assurance best practices.
Since we have 25+ teams using different stacks within our domain teams it’s a role with plenty of variety, and together we will find the best fit for your skillset and ambitions! For example, in one team, you might focus on testing and implementing regression automation suites for user-facing features on mobile or web applications. In another, you might contribute to data-focused testing to ensure a high quality in the scheduling, planning, and prediction algorithms.
We’re open-sourcing, so if you need a little extra convincing before applying, check out our page: http://picnic.tech
What you’ll do
As QA Engineer at Picnic, you will be working on a wide variety of tasks, depending on your interests and the team you join. During your interviews and first weeks on the job, we will figure out what fits best. Your responsibilities might include:
- Driving end-to-end quality processes within a product team
- Enabling team members to perform testing by mentoring and providing tools, documentation, and other standard methodologies
- Getting involved with solid testing, manual and automated
- Proactively engaging with colleagues in a cross-functional team to improve the quality of the product, tech, and Picnic as a whole
- Facilitating meetings and testing activities with the goal to anticipate the team’s quality needs
- Working with the product teams leads to protect the balance between quality and delivery
- Working with the Picnic QA guild to continuously streamline and improve quality standards
- Finding creative and innovative approaches to take quality to the next level
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or any related software engineering discipline
- Deep understanding of SDLC and STLC
- Experience with test automation, including mobile (e.g., Appium) and web (e.g., Selenium) testing frameworks
- Understanding of rollout strategies
- Passionate and critical about quality and testing practices
For bonus points
- Experience with Python and/or Java
- Deep knowledge of test automation
- Understanding of CI/CD test and build automation
- Knowledge of database queries to setup/configure test data (e.g., SQL, noSQL)
- Understanding of system metrics, monitoring, and alerting
Our tech team consists of 5 domains, incorporating 25+ product teams that each handles tons of innovative projects. You’ll work in an awesome scale-up environment with the freedom to drive your own projects and create a visible impact.
We offer plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and grow, including the Picnic Tech Academy, Lunch & Learn sessions, and tailored soft skills training—and let’s not forget the free professional weekly language courses!
You’ll get freshly prepared, healthy lunches and snacks (with plenty of vegetarian, vegan, and halal options). Coffee snob? Don’t worry, our amazing Picnic barista has you covered.
With more than 80 nationalities across 3 countries, you’ll be part of a diverse company with plenty of cool stuff to get involved with, from board game evenings to after-work drinks to our company ski trip and more!
Our salaries are market competitive and our pension program will put your mind at ease.
If you join Picnic from abroad, we’ll cover your trip to Amsterdam, sponsor your Visa, and offer you a month of accommodation while you settle in (as long as regulations allow).
We care about your health and wellbeing. As such, we currently support online interviews and remote onboarding (learn more about the process here).
Commitment to equal opportunities
Picnic is an equal opportunity employer—this means that all decisions regarding applications will be based on qualifications and merit. Applicants will be regarded independently of age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, skin color, civil status, religious beliefs, physical or mental disability, or any other factors protected by law.
At Picnic, we celebrate and value our differences and are committed to building a safe and inclusive working environment where everyone can be themselves.