RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open-source data science toolchain, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means.
Founded in 2009, our team has grown steadily over the last several years with the release of new products and a widening base of both enterprise customers and open-source users. We are currently an organization of ~240 people, distributed across the United States, Canada, Australia, the UK, and Europe, and we hope to expand by another 50-60% in the next year. To ensure that we can continue to attract exceptional people and enrich our unique culture while we grow, we are seeking to hire a Recruiter to help us build out our teams.
You will be working alongside two other recruiters, recruiting coordinator, and the greater People Ops team. This role reports to the Talent & Recruiting Manager.
What you’ll own:
- End to end recruitment process including prospect management, candidate communication, screening, and dispositioning
- Partner with hiring managers to determine ideal candidate profiles, build diverse talent pools, and create interview panels, etc
- Provide a great candidate experience to all who interview with us, regardless of outcome
What you’ll help with:
- Improving and documenting the recruiting process
- Collaborating with teams on recruiting strategies
- Ad-hoc People Ops projects
What you’ll learn:
- How companies scale during periods of growth
- The ins and outs of tech recruiting at a Public Benefit Corp
- How to build and manage both external and internal relationships
- You have experience working in a recruiting team as a full-cycle recruiter.
- You have worked with technical teams hiring talent at a variety of experience levels.
- You believe that great recruiting is more than a simple skills search: your goal is to match the person with the mission, not just the role. You take the time to appreciate each candidate’s strengths, and treat all with respect and compassion, regardless of the outcome.
- You care deeply about building diverse and inclusive teams, and seek out not only talent who will “fit,” but those who will add to the culture we want for our future.
- You are humble, and value empathy and open communication. You thrive in team settings, and exhibit excellent collaboration skills. You are comfortable sharing your own ideas, listening to the ideas and concerns of others, and offering constructive feedback when appropriate.
- You are eager to join a values-driven company where your work can have a tremendous impact on the success of our mission, and where you can feel great about sharing the RStudio story with the prospective talent that will make that success possible.
- RStudio is a Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and a Certified B Corporation®, which means that our open-source mission is codified into our charter and that our corporate decisions balance the interests of the community, customers, employees, and shareholders.
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you, and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique, sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open-source software. We are profitable, and we plan to be around decades from now.
- 100% distributed team (or come into one of our offices in Seattle or Boston). We’ve always been a remote-first company.
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered!)
- 401k matching
- A home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- Paid parental and family care leave
- Annual bonus program for all employees
- A flexible environment with a generous vacation policy.
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.