We are a profitable and fast-growing healthcare startup – a small and mighty team of around 80, helping people to find, enroll in, and use ACA health coverage. We’ve doubled in each of the past three years and are now the largest ACA enrollment platform after healthcare.gov, having helped over 6 million people enroll in health coverage. We’re a mission-driven team that advocates for and cares deeply about the people we serve.
We are a double bottom-line company: revenues and enrollments in ACA coverage. The ACA brings high-quality, comprehensive, and affordable health coverage within reach for low-income Americans – and we exist to make that promise a reality. Your contribution will positively affect millions of people, helping them to navigate the complex and confusing health insurance industry and to access health care when they need it.
About the Role
You will be the primary recruiter for several functions and levels, ranging from business to technical roles, and executive to early-career roles. You will work with your hiring teams to understand the needs for your open positions and help guide hiring strategies to influence successful recruiting outcomes.
Initially reporting to the Lead Recruiter, you will take full ownership of the pipelines you build with a focus on diversity that reflects the population we serve. You will be the face of HealthSherpa to the candidates you reach out to and will assess their suitability for the role, aligning their motivations with HealthSherpa’s mission. This is a remote-friendly role.
- Partner with Hiring Managers to inform and implement effective sourcing and closing strategies
- Put a meaningful focus on building a diverse pipeline of qualified candidates
- Develop effective and creative recruiting strategies to attract and source high-quality candidates
- Cultivate strong relationships with candidates to understand their goals, values, and interests to match them to the right openings, and to strengthen the offer process by setting clear expectations and ensuring an outstanding candidate experience
- Evolve our inclusive hiring practices and our diversity sourcing programs
- Experience delivering high touch, outstanding service to candidates and team members
- Affinity for learning and incorporating new recruiting tactics
- 3+ years of experience in high-volume, full-cycle recruitment, with a focus on technical roles
- Familiarity with Lever or other forms of applicant tracking systems or CRMs
- A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
What We Offer:
- Remote-first company
- Great compensation package with meaningful equity in a high growth, profitable company, with offers that are competitive to SF Bay Area regardless of your location
- Excellent benefits package that includes health, vision and dental coverage for you, your spouse and dependents
- Monthly grocery / internet stipend
- 401K w/ a match after grace period
- Employee assistance program
- Parental leave
- 4 weeks paid vacation in addition to holidays
We’re building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other, respect one another and welcome different lived experiences. We encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities, and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.