As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience’s daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
We are looking for a dynamic Audio Recruiter to lead the full life-cycle recruiting process across Vox Media. Ideal candidates for this position will have experience in full life-cycle recruiting within high growth organizations.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with hiring managers, leadership and HR Business Partners to understand hiring needs; clearly map out hiring strategies and manage expectations throughout the process
- Create and execute a full life-cycle recruiting process, ensuring a smooth and positive candidate experience.
- Advise hiring teams and interview panels on process, interview assessment capabilities and building talent pipelines
- Strategically source and build talent pipelines for various Audio/Podcast Production related roles including: Audio Producers, Audio Engineers, Podcast Producers, Editors, Supervising Producers.
- Leverage internal tools, social media and your network to source a creative and diverse talent pool.
- Deliver exceptional Vox Media’s candidate experience.
- Work with a strong sense of urgency, and fill the highest priority needs for the company.
- Track and report metrics.
What you’ll bring:
- A strong desire to work at Vox Media and familiarity with at least one of our brands.
- 3+ years of hands-on recruiting experience in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; proven ability to thrive on change
- Experience recruiting for media companies and/or for roles related to content creation.
- Proactive and able to work autonomously.
- Experience recruiting top tier talent using diverse and creative sourcing methods.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to take initiative and build strong relationships.
- Experience managing projects and owning client relationships
- Ability to articulate the company’s mission, vision, values, products, and culture.
- Proven success delivering customer service through relationship building and understanding of the business.
- Ability to sell, negotiate, and close.
Bonus points for:
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business or similar field
- Experience recruiting editorial talent across multiple disciplines
- Greenhouse ATS experience
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You’ll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that’s challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.