Code for America believes government can work for the people, by the people, in the digital age, and that government at all levels can and should work well for all people. For more than a decade, we’ve worked to show that with the mindful use of technology, we can break down barriers, meet community needs, and find real solutions.
Our employees and active community of volunteers build and transform government and community tools and services, making them so good they inspire change. We merge the best parts of technology, nonprofit, and government to help support the people who need it most. With a focus on diversity, equity, inclusion, and deep empathy for partners in government and community organizations and the people that our partners serve, we’re building a movement of motivated change agents driven by meaningful results and lasting impact. At Code for America, you contribute to exciting work while learning and developing in a supportive and flexible environment. Our compensation and benefits are holistic and thoughtfully curated to represent our employees and our mission. Help us drive real generational change that lasts.
Code for America is looking for a talented Recruiting Coordinator who will support the Talent Acquisition team and CfA’s high-growth plan. You will be integral to providing optimal candidate experience acting as a key point of contact for candidates.
About the Role:
You will be at the center of Code for America’s Talent Acquisition Operations. This role will be responsible for supporting both technical and non-technical roles as well as leadership/executive roles. This individual will champion equity, inclusion and diversity.
This role will report directly to the Head of Talent–Julie You.
In this position you will:
- Coordinate/schedule and communicate for a high volume of candidate interviews in a timely and efficient manner.
- Facilitate and ensure our interviewers have the resources they need to conduct successful interviews.
- Maintain our applicant tracking system (Greenhouse) by setting up jobs and interview plans in partnership with the hiring team. You’ll support your team by logging all appropriate information into the system to help track candidate progress from initial contact to offer.
- You will:
- -90% ensure that candidates are scheduled for different interviews in the hiring process
- -10% provide talent operations support (such as onboarding)
The position is a perfect fit for someone who loves to balance a lot of moving and changing pieces while keeping everyone in the loop.
- You have 1+ years of recruiting coordinating, scheduling, or administrative experience.
- You are hyper-organized with a super sense for attention to detail.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You are flexible/adaptable; you can roll with unexpected changes.
- You are resourceful and proactive; you might not have all the answers or pieces but you’ll find them and experiment to find what works best for you and the task at hand.
- Not just customer-service oriented but centered.
- You have professional or personal alignment with Diversity Equity and Inclusion values.
- It’s a bonus point if you have:
It’s a bonus points if you/have:
- Greenhouse familiarity
- Previous scheduling/coordinating experience (especially in a high or hypergrowth setting)
- DEI work
- G-suite Experience
What you’ll get:
- Full benefits package with 100% coverage towards select medical, dental and vision plans and contributes 80% of the cost towards dependent and family coverage
- 401k plan with matching funds
- A collaborative, hardworking and fun environment
- Leadership and teammates who value Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity
- Professional development includes bi annual 360 review process and $1000 annual budget
- A manager and org-wide structure that supports and enables professional development
- Compensation: Code for America’s salary bands are transparent internally as a part of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are happy to extend this transparency during the recruitment process. As a part of our equitable hiring practices, we aim to target the midpoint of the 2nd quartile of the range for all new hires. The targets for this role are dependent on the market/geographic location. The targets for this role range from ($56,451 to $66,413)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Code for America values a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Code for America is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.