Merit’s verified identity ecosystem helps trusted organizations across government and enterprise solve critical real-world problems in workforce development, emergency services, licensing, education, defense readiness, and other sectors. Thousands of trusted organizations – including government agencies and nonprofits – use Merit for digital verification of credentials, licenses, training, and skills.
Using Merit, organizations can capture and certify people-data in containers called merits, and permission them to individuals. All of an individual’s merits are stored in one place, providing people agency over their verified data, giving people secure access and selective sharing with other organizations.
By connecting organizations and individuals, the Merit Platform supports a robust verified identity network that serves as a source of truth and trust for entire industries; bringing visibility, liquidity, and trust to people’s data.
Merit has been widely adopted and used by numerous organizations:
-The Florida Division of Emergency Management partnered with Merit to provide a fast, secure, paperless solution for the verification and time-tracking of thousands of volunteers and paid medical professionals assisting with the statewide COVID-19 vaccination efforts. As a result of our work together, FDEM was named a StateScoop 50
Award winner for the State IT Innovation of the Year.
–BARBICIDE® partnered with Merit to provide digital credentials to beauty professionals worldwide, exceeding two million digital, portable, shareable BARBICIDE® merits sent to date through Merit’s verified identity platform. The merits are granted for completion of BARBICIDE’s widely utilized courses on safety standards and best-practices.
–Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 professionals across more than 40 industries that are required to have a license to work. With Merit, those licenses are now digital, accessible, and easily verifiable by consumers and businesses.
Merit’s values are more than just words on paper – they permeate the company’s brand, culture,
products, and even individual actions. Our values are:
1. Building a network of truth and trust. Merit is modeling the real world of Verified Identity into a digital one, built on merits. Society values truth, and merits represent truth.
2. Everyone is a friend. We see opportunities everywhere because Merit has endless ways to grow the already vast and self-propagating Verified Identity graph.
3. A rising tide lifts all boats. We think about entire industries and how to make the most impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, our employees, partners, and everyone on Merit should succeed.
4. Measure to meaningfully improve. Work is measured by output, not vanity metrics, and the things we do measure have goals.
5. Use Merit to build Merit. The strength of the Merit network, platform, and company compounds with the addition of every partner, consumer, and employee.
Merit believes that truth and trust can change the world. We honorably deploy and reflect those words while incorporating FEMA’s mission statement to help people before, during and after disasters through use of our technology. Are you ready to lead with an enthusiastic, compassionate, professional and genuine emergency services mindset for all communities?
This role is about moving the emergency management needle, it is a position which requires partnership building and the ability to identify where there are gaps in reimbursement, planning, response and recovery. Daily responsibilities are to incorporate the Merit Site Solutions package for all hazards and all phases of emergency management. Get Merit in the hands of command staff, front line workers, 911 dispatchers, IMTs, wildland firefighters and anyone who fills out ICS forms through budget incorporation, federal grants, declared disasters, private funding or RFPs. At Merit we believe that running emergencies with Merit Site Solutions is guaranteed to improve all phases and support life safety, incident stabilization and property conservation.
Merit is a startup environment where you will be expected to roll up your sleeves, take initiative, and get creative about finding solutions to challenges. This is a full-time, 100% remote role with required travel.
- Creatively advance the all hazards emergency services community in all phases of emergency management through the use of technology and verified identity solutions
- Build blue and gray skies relationships and sign MOU agreements for regional operations especially on the West Coast (obviously you can remove that but it is what we need)
- Integrate Merit Site Solutions into local, state and federal plans, IMTs, funding sources and operations especially for declared emergencies and vulnerable populations
- Bring in new business opportunities and close deals for the whole community
- Operated in a command staff position in at least two declared emergencies during the past three years besides Covid-19 and Pandemic associated declarations.
- Experience with cold calling, introducing new ideas, passion for the industry, ability to reach out to agencies and teams and connect instantly.
- Advanced Professional Series-FEMA and CEM or state-wide equivalent
- Must have a minimum of 10 years previous paid/career/full time firefighter, law enforcement/police, 911, emergency management or EMS qualifications that can be the foundation to lead in a diverse emergency management community.
- Knowledge on the intricacies of cost recovery, time tracking, credentialing, and technology benefits throughout the emergency management community
- Ability to demonstrate how to build a client list, strategy for meeting set up, professional association networking, demo the product, meet with people on the phone and in person, collaborate and deliver opportunities and integration of the product from the beginning to across the finish line.
- Sales, fundraising, grant writing or business development experience with high quality financial results for agencies.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
At Merit, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate, support, and value it for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We will do our best to accommodate any disabilities or special needs you may have.