Blockworks is a financial media brand that delivers breaking news and premium insights about digital assets to millions of investors.
Our editorial content, newsletters, podcasts and events provide investors with the critical analysis and information they need to make smarter decisions about digital assets.
Founded in 2018, the Blockworks mission is to advance the digital asset space by onboarding the next wave of investors through world-class information and insights.
We are most well known for our Digital Asset Summit, the leading conference for institutional investors looking at digital assets, our podcast network, which consists of over twenty shows and reaches two million downloads every month, and our daily newsletter.
As a full-time Reporter, you will help deliver insights to our audience of investors on a daily basis.
This role is ideal for a journalist who has a deep understanding of both digital assets and finance. You will be responsible for producing timely articles that speak to the institutional community within the crypto space, including investors and sophisticated market participants.
In this role, you will:
- Generate distinctive story ideas, using your mastery of the day’s most important crypto news, and by developing a deep network of sources
- Write engaging pieces on daily deadlines that convey crypto topics in the Blockworks signature voice
- Contribute longer, more deeply reported pieces that surprise and delight our readers, showing them how the world of crypto really works
- Effectively use social media to share your pieces and grow our audience
- Potentially take on roles such as hosting podcasts as we continue to expand our podcast network
What You’ll Bring
- Deep interest and understanding of crypto and financial markets
- Prior writing and/or reporting experience
- A track record of interviewing and interacting with primary sources
- Ability to write in the Blockworks style (engaging, informative, clever)
- Understanding of how to leverage social media to engage with our audience
- Self-starter attitude with ability to operate in a collaborative environment
- Combination of attention to detail and creative, strategic thinking
- Ability to operate in a high-pressure startup environment
- A creative approach to storytelling and idea generation
- Experience writing short-form and long-form content
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive pay
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Commuter benefits
- Remote work-station stipend
- Learning stipend
- Team happy hours and outings
- Training & development
- Generous vacation and PTO policy
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
What We Need From You
If this sounds like a place you could make your mark, please submit a resume and 3 samples of your best written work.
Please send us a email and links to at least three (3) pieces you’ve written at email@example.com
We encourage applications from candidates who have succeeded in a startup environment and we welcome candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, with experience outside of journalism.
We’re also open to candidates with different levels of experience.
We are committed to diversity and strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and individuals with disabilities.
*Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org