Blockworks is a financial media brand that delivers breaking news and premium insights about digital assets to millions of investors. Our content, newsletters, podcasts and events provide investors with the critical analysis and information they need to make smarter decisions about digital assets.
Launched in 2022, Blockworks Research is a subgroup within Blockworks and crypto’s most powerful research platform. Its mandate is to be ahead of the curve, providing subscribers with forward looking, actionable long-form thematic and asset-specific research, data, analytics for trend discovery and network monitoring.
About the Role:
We are expanding our world-class research team at Blockworks, providing deep insights into various crypto assets through onchain data with context, governance updates, and broader qualitative research. We cover topics before they become a mainstream narrative to provide actionable investment opportunities for our subscribers. As a Blockworks Research Analyst, your work will be consumed by a broad audience and market participants in and out of the crypto industry.
Blockworks is looking for passionate, detail-oriented individuals to join our research team. As a crypto researcher, you will be responsible for creating in-depth reports and tracking onchain metrics for various protocols and topics. This role is open for candidates who are working remotely as well as candidates who prefer to work from our New York office. This role offers competitive compensation and significant opportunities for growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Publish deep-dive research reports for consumption by our subscriber base and the broader public on topics like L1s, L2s, monolithic and modular stacks, incumbent and rising dApps, and much more.
- Evaluate various tokenomic structures and their long-term sustainability and value capture, capturing and communicating takeaways to stakeholders.
- Build and maintain relationships with protocols, interfacing with them to ensure quality, timeliness, and accuracy of research.
- Professionally communicate with our audience through telegram and other mediums about the state of the crypto industry and where it is moving.
- Keep up-to-date with evolving themes, protocols, and technologies in crypto
What You’ll Bring
- Strong analytical skills; ability to source and aggregate data and information from a variety of sources to inform a point of view
- 2+ years of work experience, preferably as a research analyst in crypto, TradFi, or consulting.
- A passion for crypto and a relentless curiosity to grow knowledge base on multiple chains
- Strong communication skills, ability to write long-form research about complex narratives and ideas in a way that is clear, cohesive, accurate, and can be understood by a broad audience.
- A strong understanding of various scaling architectures, i.e., optimistic vs. zk rollups, app-specific chains, subnets, high throughput base layers, etc.
- Ability to swiftly comprehend complex topics and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- A passion for DeFi and extensive experience using various dApps.
- An understanding of smart contracts and how to use various block explorers.
- Familiarity with all of the tools in the industry that are available to support you in the research process.
- The ability to actively engage on social media with various market participants
Nice to Haves:
- Experience being active within a DAO or regularly looking into various governance forums.
- Experience working with onchain data in Dune, Flipside, or a similar product.
- Ability to use SQL or Python to process data, create visualizations, form analyses and explain them through charts and other data visualizations that are digestible (or the desire to learn).
Salary & Benefits:
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Competitive pay
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for you + a significant portion covered for your dependents
- 401(k) plan
- Remote work-station stipend
- Learning stipend
- Team happy hours and outings (even while remote!)
- Generous vacation and holiday policy
- Commuter benefits
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Blockworks is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org