Blockworks is a fast-growing financial media brand that delivers news and insights about digital assets to millions of investors.
Our editorial content, newsletters, podcasts, events, and research provide investors with the critical analysis and information they need to make smarter decisions about digital assets.
About the Role
We are building a world-class research team at Blockworks, providing deep insights into various crypto assets through on-chain data with context, governance updates, and broader qualitative research. We aim to cover topics before they become a mainstream narrative to provide alpha for our subscribers.
Blockworks is looking for a passionate, detail-oriented individual to join our research team. As a crypto researcher, you will be responsible for creating in-depth reports and tracking on-chain metrics for various protocols, specifically DeFi-focused. There is also a lot of opportunity to grow your personal brand through Twitter, various podcast and Twitter Space appearances, and active participation in DAO governance.
We are looking for someone with 2+ years of experience in crypto. This role is open for candidates who are working remote as well as candidates who prefer to work from our New York office. This role offers competitive compensation and significant opportunities for growth.
In this role, you will work directly with our Head of Research and will:
- Conduct deep-dive research on topics like L1s, L2s, monolithic vs. modular stacks, incumbent and rising dApps, and much more.
- Communicate with our audience through telegram, discord, and other mediums about the state of the crypto industry and where it is moving
- Work with data using SQL and Python to form analyses and explain them in charts and other data visualizations that are digestible
- Wear many hats, contribute to many projects, and adapt to the needs of the team at a fast growing organization
- Evaluate various tokenomic structures and their long-term sustainability and value capture
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ years experience in crypto, traditional finance, or data analytics
- Passion for crypto, including a willingness to research new topics and change your opinions
- A strong understanding of various scaling architectures i.e. optimistic vs. zk rollups, app-specific chains, subnets, high throughput base layers, etc.
- Capable of working with data using SQL or Python, or the desire to learn
- Ability to swiftly comprehend complex topics and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to write long-form research about complex narratives and ideas in a way that is clear, cohesive, accurate, and can be understood by a general audience.
- A passion for DeFi and extensive experience using various dApps
- An understanding of smart contracts and how to use various block explorers
- Familiarity with all of the tools in the industry that are available to support you in the research process
- The desire to be active on social media
- Experience being active within a DAO or regularly looking into various governance forums
Salary & Benefits
We offer competitive pay, medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) plan, fully paid parental leave, remote work-station stipend, commuter benefits, learning stipend, team happy hours and outings, generous vacation and PTO policy, and a commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
How to Apply
If this sounds like a place you could make your mark, please email email@example.com with “Analyst + Your Name” in the subject line. You should include: your resume, a link to your Twitter or LinkedIn, and one paragraph about why you’re a great fit for this role.
We are committed to diversity and strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org