Outschool’s mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We achieve this by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with other classmates who share their passions, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own paths. Our small group classes meet over live video chat with teachers who celebrate their unique strengths and empower all learners to develop confidence and a strong sense of self.
We’re also focused on removing barriers for historically underserved learners who face systemic challenges to their success. In 2020, we started Outschool.org and began offering financial assistance to families in need. We are currently creating an Educator Endowment Fund to appreciate the teachers who are so central to our mission of inspiring kids to love learning.
We believe that diversity drives learning. To meet our mission, we encourage, support, and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds. As a fully distributed (remote) team, we challenge one another to find the most effective way to empower learners, teachers, and parents. Your name, race, religion, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and age are not barriers; they are why we want to work with you. We invite talented and creative candidates who value the importance of nurturing a child’s boundless curiosity to join us on this journey.
The pandemic has been challenging for families all over the globe. We acted quickly and worked together to provide quality resources to learners, parents, and teachers in the past year. As communities worldwide rethink their approach to education, Outschool will continue to innovate and provide kids with unique opportunities to explore their passions.
Earlier this year, Techcrunch recognized Outschool as the newest EdTech unicorn. We’ve also been named Fast Company’s most innovative EdTech company in the world, and one of the top ten best startups for women from Elpha.
Outschool.com has welcomed families from over 170 countries, and we’re excited to make an even bigger impact on the lives of families and educators around the world. We’re seeking a senior researcher to deepen our understanding of different markets and audiences as we continue to expand globally and to define and drive our international research roadmap. In this role, you will surface families’ needs, perspectives, and behaviors across countries and cultures, ID competitive trends across regions, and establish the infrastructure to efficiently and equitably bring our international community members’ voices into business and product decisions at Outschool.
- Drive international research initiatives from beginning to end using a variety of quantitative and qualitative methods, partnering with external vendors when necessary
- Be a strategic partner to Product, Engineering, Design, Business Operations, and Product Marketing, identifying key questions, sharing insights, and acting as a thought leader on our international strategy
- Generate a foundational understanding of various markets, helping to identify unique cultural and social norms, behaviors, and attitudes of our customers
- Collaborate closely with other researchers and data scientists to triangulate and contextualize research findings
- Utilize a wide range of storytelling techniques and communicate research insights in a clear, opinionated, and compelling way that influences and leads to action
- Help build the International Research team over time
- Develop and optimize internal processes so we can maintain both rigor and speed as we scale our international research function
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 5+ years experience in a Market or Product Research role conducting primary research, including 2+ years conducting global research
- Experience sourcing and leading projects with external research vendors
- Resourceful in leveraging secondary research to uncover social and cultural needs, the socioeconomic landscape, and the political landscape across markets
- Comfort dealing with high levels of organization complexity in a high-growth environment
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time-management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects concurrently
- Expertise with various qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and techniques, including in-depth interviews, ethnographic research, focus groups, and market surveys
- Experience scaling a Research team and managing across markets a plus
- Passion for education and learning
- Shared Financial Success: Competitive salaries, stock options, and investment plans that make saving for retirement easier.
- Health & Wellness: Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage options for employees and their families. Our medical benefits include fertility and family planning coverage. We also provide employees with online access to coaching and therapy sessions through our partner, ModernHealth.
- PTO & Family Benefits: PTO and family leave enable our team to take the time that we need to recharge, relax, and spend time with family and friends.
- Fully Distributed: With a team distributed across the US and Canada, we create a remote culture through expensable weekly meals, virtual events, expensable home office setup, and internet allowance.
- Lifelong Learners: Annual budgets to self-direct our professional development as well as DEI learning. There’s also a budget for employees’ learners to take classes on Outschool!
- Community Impact: Outschool matches employee donations to established charities and has committed to donating $3M to Outschool.org non-profit programs.
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Outschool is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be a citizen or legal resident of the U.S. or Canada and reside in U.S. or Canada.