The world is changing at an accelerating rate. But we cannot take in the information fast enough, let alone make sense of it. We are fundamentally limited by the speed at which we read and write — the speed of human thought. The challenges facing decision-makers today require a radically new technology.
Primer is at the forefront of the natural language processing revolution. Our artificial intelligence platform is capable of reading text at a rate of millions of documents per hour, extracting information and updating a knowledge graph of billions of entities. It is capable of answering natural language questions and generating the first draft of natural language analytical reports in seconds. Our mission is to empower our customers by vastly reducing the cost of curiosity. What once took days of research can happen instantly.
Our customers include some of the world’s largest corporations, financial institutions, and government agencies in the world. You can learn more about Primer’s technology and the problems we solve at our blog, as well as in recent media coverage of our work.
As a Research Scientist at Primer, you will be the bridge between academic research and real-world application. You will contribute to science, but you will also ship production-ready code and models. You’ll keep an eye on the scientific literature, hunting for key progress and ideas for the next experiments. The team counts on you to help maintain scientific rigor, not only in your own work but through your thoughtful peer review and mentoring. And we are not an island. You will take part in scientific conferences, get to know the leading researchers in our industry, and contribute to the astounding deep learning revolution we find ourselves in!
A day in the life of a Research Scientist at Primer includes …
- … replicating that deep learning experiment just published by a famous lab to see if it’s just hype
- … launching a high-risk, high-payoff experiment of your own with Primer’s vast data
- … doing peer review on your colleague’s new experiment and helping her crack a stubborn problem
- … making just one more tweak to that transformer model to improve its efficiency
- … giving a presentation of your research at an international conference, and chatting up the next great scientist we should hire
- Curiosity and enthusiasm, and a love for teaching and learning
- Strong programming skills, especially Python
- Masters/Ph.D. in a scientific field and hands-on research experience
- Skills in data exploration and visualization
- Experience applying machine learning algorithms to real data, preferably text
- Experience with PyTorch
- Experience taking ambiguous problems and delivering creative solutions
- A real joy for working collaboratively
- Experience publishing papers, presenting work at conferences, and taking part in peer review
- Experience with ElasticSearch and Postgres
- Foreign language proficiency / fluency
What we offer
- Rapidly growing company, with opportunities for growth into leadership roles
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Smart, engaged co-workers who are at the top of their game
- Honest and open environment for exchange of ideas
- Real customers with global name recognition + healthy sales pipeline
- Proactive learning and teaching opportunities via individual book allowances, tech talks, brown bag lunches, and more
- Surprisingly adventurous team outings (we can’t wait for the pandemic to let us get back to this!)
- An inclusive, fun-loving, supportive culture that we are truly proud of. Join us!