The Revenue and Billing Manager oversees the global billing process and revenue recognition and will also be responsible for migrating future acquisitions to one central billing system which integrates with the general ledger (NetSuite). The billing team as a group provides full support of the business to ensure administration of accurate and timely invoicing, while partnering with the Customer service to provide a high level of customer service.
- Lead a team (3) Billing Specialists in both the US and EU.
- Review and verify the accuracy of contract administration, billing and revenue recognition monthly.
- Analyze Billing reports and records, ensure compliance with US GAAP ASC 606, internal controls and corporate policies.
- Participate in the preparation of various financial statements and reports, variance analyses, and internal/external audits.
- Analyze and resolve complex billing, reporting and process issues.
- Support the monthly close process and ensure that all assigned activities are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Day-to-day supervision of Billing Specialists, monitor and provide guidance on billing process, problem/error resolution and assist with accurate billing of complex enterprise contracts.
- Serves as primary point of contact for both Sales and Operations teams regarding all billing issues.
- Manage/coordinate strategic billing projects, both independently and in partnership with the other functions (Engineering, Data Team, Tax, etc).
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- 5+ years Billing experience.
- 2+ years SaaS company experience
- At least 2 years supervising clerical staff.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and ASC 606.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to function effectively in a Remote environment.
- Ability to problem-solve, multi-task, prioritize and stay organized in a fast paced and changing business environment.
- Ability to remain alert and focused while working remotely.
- Demonstrated capacity to respond to shifting and fluid priorities.
- Excel skills need to include analytics, Vlook-ups and Pivot Tables.
- Ability to learn and navigate new systems and processes quickly.
- Prior experience with third party billing systems.
- Exposure to international teams, specifically in the EU.
- KEEPING YOU HEALTHY: Pathwire offers 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans (US). We offer a variety of supplemental plans to meet your individual needs and provide access to telehealth for all participants.
- KEEPING YOU BALANCED: Pathwire provides free virtual counseling resources through our Employee Assistance Programs. Your mental health is as important as your physical health.
- FINANCIAL SECURITY: We offer an employer match for 401k participants to help you plan for the future (US).
- TAKE A BREAK: We believe performance at work requires balance at home. This is why we provide 5+ weeks of time-off to all employees.
- FAMILY PLANNING: We know that families can be built in a variety of ways and this is why Pathwire offers paid parental leave and family planning support.
- WORK WHERE YOU ARE: It’s not where you work that matters. This is why we provide flexible remote work offerings for most of our roles
Pathwire embraces diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and values diversity of thought as a beacon for performance. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.