Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We’re large enough that you’ll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
The Risk Operations team protects the Etsy community by reviewing transactions and accounts that present an increased risk of fraud, partnering with Risk Engineering to defend against account takeover, and assisting customers with account recovery. The Risk Operations team regularly analyzes marketplace activity to develop and modify fraud detection rules and systems with the overall objective to safeguard Etsy and its community from financial harm and build trust in Etsy’s brand. Etsy is seeking agents with strong judgement, excellent critical thinking skills, and the ability to thrive in uncertain and ambiguous situations to join the Risk Operations team.
Agents must be willing to work the Sunday – Thursday shift.
This role is located in either our Brooklyn, NY, Dublin, Ireland, or Hudson, NY office. We’re also open to remote hires within all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska.
For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
About the Role
In this role you will:
- Review and evaluate high-risk transactions for potential fraud or other unauthorized activity.
- Conduct deep-dive investigations into transactions and accounts using data to problem solve and drive decision making.
- Continually identify trends and emerging risks and advise on recommended control improvements and tool enhancements.
- Communicate directly with customers through email.
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy’s discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
Ideally you’ll bring:
- Agents must be willing to work the Sunday – Thursday shift
- BA/BS degree (strongly preferred)
- You have experience interacting with customers via email or chat
- You communicate ideas effectively and concisely across different audiences and levels
- You enjoy and excel at highly detailed work
- You have excellent judgment and are a natural risk-spotter
- You are familiar with a marketplace business model and e-commerce fraud typologies
- You proactively seek opportunities to improve processes and tools in service of better outcomes
- You have a proven record of successful collaboration
- You possess well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- You have a positive, roll-up-your-sleeves-and-help attitude
- A trust in and commitment to Etsy’s vision, mission and values.
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you’d be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.