A BIT ABOUT US
Roll20 is a free, community-based tabletop gaming software dedicated to bringing players together regardless of distance, experience, gaming system or hardware. We strive to lessen the technical burden on the participants, facilitate the formation of new gaming groups, and to make barriers to entry as few as possible when gathering around a table for camaraderie. To accomplish these goals we seek to create a service that is sustainable and will be a resource to the gaming community as long as it is needed.
Our 8 million players and the growing popularity of tabletop games have made Roll20 such an amazing success. Moving forward, there are so many directions we can take. We believe that in order to continue enhancing our platform, expanding our community, and leading in our industry, we need a talented individual to help us make data-driven decisions.
Roll20 is looking for someone to bring intellectual curiosity to our Senior BI Analyst position. The Senior BI Analyst will develop and own tools that help answer the questions faced by a platform of 8 Million users (and growing). They will teach others at the company how to use these tools. They will work with leaders and product owners and through their analysis and reporting, guide cross-functional teams towards the best decisions.
THE SKILL SET
- Experience developing standard operating objectives and KPIs
- Collaborate with product owners to design, develop, maintain and manage advanced Tableau dashboards that meet product requirements
- Perform and document data analysis, data validation, and data mapping/design.
- Deep understanding of key SaaS metrics, ability to define, compute, and present metrics.
- Ability to identify, measure, test to and report on growth levers.
- Extensive experience building visualizations in Tableau.
- Experience in Business Intelligence/Analytics
- Intermediate level of experience with databases and writing SQL
- Tableau Certification a plus (Tableau Desktop: Certified Professional, Certified Associate, Specialist)
- Solid experience with Tableau Prep, Tableau security/row-level security and dashboard performance tuning
- Passion for visualization, reporting, and documentation
- Knowledge of data warehouse concepts, ETL, Datamart and reporting systems required.
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders in a matrixed environment
- Communicates in a clear, concise, and timely manner and operates effectively as a team player
- Must be comfortable with navigating ambiguity, changing requirements, and balancing priorities.
- Familiarity with optimizely is a plus
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU’LL
- Complete orientation, become familiar with the product, and learn Roll20’s values.
- Learn about the dashboards and data sources currently available.
- Learn how we work in cross-functional teams and the charters that guide each teams’ work.
- Work closely with our Chief Financial Officer and Director of Growth & Analytics to understand the challenges and opportunities around business intelligence.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Update and report on company wide KPIs that help leaders across Roll20 make decisions and prioritize their work.
- Work with objective owners across Roll20 to identify and develop metrics to track their progress..
- Be a resource to other Tableau users throughout the organization.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Be a resource to Product Owners as they prepare 6-week updates for executive review.
- Create and publish reports that explore trends within the tabletop gaming industry with a focus on the online tabletop community (such as Orr Group Report.)
- Provide thought leadership around business intelligence at Roll20
Roll20 staff, via coordination with Ritsuko Lifts LLC, are guided by company values that encourage diversity and inclusiveness. In line with company values, we provide competitive salaries and solid benefit packages, including health insurance, group life and personal accident insurance, short-term disability/long-term disability coverage, optional worksite insurance coverage, an employee assistance program, and a 401k with employer matching. We ensure staff have at least 3 weeks of vacation time away, in addition to sick leave, and flexible scheduling. We are a truly remote workplace (although we hope to get everyone together for a full company retreat once seeing people IRL is a safe thing again) and include equipment allowances for our staff to cultivate a functional working-from-home experience. We encourage applicants with non-traditional backgrounds to apply.
Salary Range: $90,000 – $120,000 USD