At Vercel, we believe that liberating the frontend unlocks creativity and open-source is the best way forward.
We are building a next-generation internet where developers can create freely and execute new ideas, guaranteeing a more vibrant, personalized internet. Vercel’s platform provides the speed and reliability to create at the moment of inspiration. In other words, our friction-less, real-time deployment makes it possible to start working on projects immediately — anywhere in the world.
Our globally-distributed team works asynchronously to lead the React ecosystem and serve developers at large companies. We pride ourselves on our diversity, shared urgency to iterate, team-oriented decision making, and drive to dig deep.
About the Sales Team:
Vercel is looking for a Market Development Lead to join our APAC (Asia-Pacific) Sales team. This role will be key to our product adoption and company growth in one of our largest target market. In this highly autonomous role, you will be building a pipeline of qualified business in APAC through cold calling and working closely with your counterparts on the Account Executive (AE) team. You will also be collaborating cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales Engineering, and Customer Success to learn more about product, positioning, and messaging.
The Market Development Lead reaches out to potential customers to introduce them to the value Vercel could bring their business and sets up meetings for the AE. This team initiates substantial transformations for our customers, leading to promotions and profits for customers who adopt Vercel.
What You Will Do:
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop accounts to stimulate opportunities
- Craft relevant messaging to high level executives
- Set and book qualified meetings for AEs
- Work closely with AEs on targeting some of the largest companies and logos in APAC
- Collaborate with your peers and guide those around you
- Ability to navigate and prospect into large org structures
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex issues early
- Highly driven and motivated to make outbound dials
- Highly creative with outbound approach
- Quickly learn the Vercel product, and effectively communicate its value proposition
Bonus If You Have Experience With:
- Vercel, Next.js, or any other technical background or understanding
- Salesforce, Outreach, or similar
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.