We are looking for a Sales Development Manager to join the RStudio team!
A Bit About Us:
RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open-source data science toolchain, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means. Our customers are leading-edge innovators in analytics, machine learning, big data, and similar domains and generally work in R and Python.
50% of the Fortune 1,000 use RStudio to solve their most difficult business problems.
Why You’ll Love RStudio:
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
What You’ll Do:
Although we’re proud of our history, we’re just as excited about the future. The Data Science industry is growing by 30% YoY! We want to create a world-class culture that attracts, develops, engages and retains elite talent. To do this, we are looking for an entrepreneurial and results-driven Sales Development Manager. You have led a demand generation and pipeline development team for a software organization. You’re someone who’s not afraid to roll up your sleeves and be hands on but are equally adept at leading and developing a high-performing team.
Before anything else, we look for people who exemplify our cultural core values: Empathy, Integrity, Personal & Professional Growth, Grit and Results.
The Sales Development Manager will be responsible for driving continued success at the top of the funnel for RStudio. The ideal candidate has a proven history of coaching Sales Development Representatives to exceed their monthly, quarterly and annual meeting quotas. Your background exemplifies demonstrated success in building community across the team and the entire Sales organization.
The ideal candidate will continue to optimize and accelerate the performance of our primarily inbound lead model while also leading the development of our outbound strategy and tactics.
- Work with senior leadership to build on our existing lead generation and pipeline development strategies to improve efficiency across the sales organization
- Hire, lead and mentor fantastic sales talent to qualify, nurture and deliver leads to our Account Executive team
- Cultivate and maintain a culture of perpetual coaching, routine enablement, and servant leadership
- Set and communicate clear objectives for individual team members – and hold the team to them
- Motivate individuals and team to exceed objectives through coaching, regular broadcast of results and creative incentives
- Utilize email and call metrics/reports to improve sales performance
- Recruit, develop and retain exceptional talent
- 2+ years in Software sales as a manager; experience in a highly competitive software sales environment
- A history of consistently performing above team quota and being able to forecast accurately
- Effectively lead teams with right combination of data and strong personal leadership
- Experience working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Strong Salesforce skills and experience using Sales Engagement Platforms highly preferred
- Passionate about training and developing a team
- Consistent track record of identifying team needs and successfully implementing solutions
- To best serve the career growth and development of future Account Executives, an ideal candidate possesses exceptional presentation, negotiation, and closing skills with the ability to sell to decision-making levels.
Why You Should Work for RStudio:
- You will become part of an amazing culture with a supportive President, empathic and smart teammates, and people who actually care for you.
- You will work with an amazing team you can learn from and teach.
- You will experience joining a high-growth/high-traction organization.
- You will hear “Yes, let’s do that!” and then have the opportunity to successfully execute on your ideas.
- 100% distributed team (work from anywhere in the US with reliable internet, or come in to one of our offices in Seattle or Boston) with minimal travel
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered)
- 401k matching
- A home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- A profit-sharing system
- Flexible environment with a generous vacation policy
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.