We are looking for our next Sales Development Representative to join the RStudio team. In this role you will engage with prospective customers to share and demonstrate cutting edge technologies in the growing Data Science field.
A Bit About Us
RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open-source data science toolchain, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means. Our customers are leading-edge innovators in analytics, machine learning, big data, and similar domains and generally work in R and Python.
50% of the Fortune 1,000 use RStudio to solve their most difficult business problems.
Why You’ll Love RStudio
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
At RStudio, our Sales Development Representatives are pivotal to our company’s success. You will be a key member of our fast-growing and high-performing sales team, will be building personal relationships and making our prospective customers successful. Specifically, you will leverage cold calling and/or lead generation experience to communicate with potential clients via phone, emails, and LinkedIn to develop an interest in RStudio’s professional software. We believe that the most successful sellers have a passionate and supportive team behind them.
In addition to working with amazing colleagues, you will also have the opportunity to sell an impactful and revolutionary software that is changing the way the world uses data. You will have an opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
Within 1 Month, you’ll…
- Complete your new hire orientation where you’ll learn about the RStudio community with millions of users of our Open Source Software.
- Learn about our software and the skills necessary to set you up for success.
- Begin 1:1s with your manager, meet with the RStudio sales team, and meet with RStudio Executives.
- Build your 30 / 60 / 90 day plan as well as your annual plan for success.
- Begin prospecting!
Within 3 Months, You’ll…
- Have a strong understanding of RStudio and feel comfortable pitching our software to prospects.
- Meet regularly with your Account Executives, Manager, and peers to become an expert on the value of our products, talk track and prospecting.
- Continue your education around RStudio’s competitive advantage and continue to strengthen your business acumen.
- Consistently achieve your activity goals.
- Become an expert with our internal tools and processes.
Within 6 Months, You’ll…
- Consistently meet or exceed your quota.
- Continue to focus on the objectives within your annual plan.
- Assist in the development of best practices for lead generation.
Within 12 Months, You’ll…
- Be seen as a trusted business-advisor and RStudio expert, making a significant impact on the go to market team.
- Be considered a top-performing SDR on the team by consistently exceeding your goals.
- Work with sales and marketing to help create new campaigns to drive pipeline.
- Set an example for new SDRs, and assist in training, onboarding and motivating new team members.
Why You Should Work for RStudio:
- You will become part of an amazing culture with a supportive President, empathic and smart teammates, and people who actually care for you.
- You will work with an amazing team you can learn from and teach.
- You will experience joining a high-growth/high-traction organization.
- You will hear “Yes, let’s do that!” and then have the opportunity to successfully execute on your ideas.
We offer competitive compensation with extensive human-first, people-focused benefits to prioritize your personal and financial well-being.
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums are covered for employees and their families! Fertility and gender-affirming healthcare is included in all of our plans.
- Supplemental mental health and wellness benefits are available via Ginger even if you don’t opt in to our insurance plans, including Ginger for teen family members.
- RStudio’s gender-neutral paid parental leave policy covers all new parents, including foster and adoptive parents.
- Our 401k matches up to 50% of the maximum employee contribution after six months.
- An annual profit-sharing bonus for employees recognizes our team’s contributions to company performance across the year.
- We are a 100% distributed team. You are also welcome to come into our Seattle or Boston offices.
- Our remote office allowance includes:
- $1000 home office allowance plus an additional $800 for equipment
- Up to $400 monthly reimbursement for coworking space rental
- Our remote office allowance includes:
- We provide a flexible environment with a generous vacation policy that encourages a minimum of four weeks PTO per year plus 13 paid company holidays.
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.