As an Account Development Representative, your mission is to initiate the sales conversation. You will focus on identifying viable sales prospects within Guru’s best-fit accounts, and leverage a multi-channel (email, phone, social, video) communication strategy to generate interest in Guru.
This job is not only about how well you sell; it’s also about how you lend your positivity and presence – and live Guru’s core values – to make an impact at Guru and support a highly collaborative go to market team.
Are you the talented ADR we are looking for to help drive our company forward?
- Develop relationships with prospects to generate sales-ready conversations for Guru’s account executives
- Research accounts to understand their challenges, and how Guru can solve for them
- Identify the ideal prospects to approach within each best-fit account
- Strategically coordinate personalized, multi-channel, multi-threaded, outbound activities (cold calls, emails, video, social) to prospective customers
- Successfully manage and overcome objections
- Results-driven with a strong determination to always meet your monthly goal
- Eager to proactively engage prospects via a high volume of emails and cold calls
- Polished verbal and written communicator
- Have superb organizational & follow up skills
- Demonstrate empathy for customers’ struggles and challenges; you are buyer-centric
- Can be assertive, persistent and persuasive without being aggressive
- Think on your feet in a conversation and answer unexpected questions with ease
- Are intellectually curious
- Remain resilient in the face of objections and setbacks
- Develop creative ways to motivate yourself and your teammates
- 1 or more years experience in a sales role as part of a SaaS or B2B company OR a driven and eager-to-learn new grad who thrives in fast paced, constantly-changing environment
- Regularly met & exceeded quota/goals in your previous role(s)
- BS/BA degree in Marketing, Business, or
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous benefits package
- Professional Development & Wellness Allowance
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we’re searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.other field or relevant work experience