Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
Elastic is expanding its Sales Development team to support the explosive adoption of our offerings. Companies like Netflix, Lyft, Facebook, The New York Times, and Tinder (yeah, that Tinder) are looking to Elastic to help solve their big data problems. As a Sales Development Representative (SDR), you will play a critical role in the success of our sales organization by proactively identifying, nurturing, and creating new opportunities. Unlike most Sales Development organizations, we care about the quality of the interactions you have with our users more than the quantity of calls you make in a day. At Elastic, you will work with current users to understand their use case and help them navigate their Elastic journey.
You will develop and foster a wide range of technical, analytical, and sales skills that will lay the foundation for your future. Our goal is to set you up for success as an SDR while providing opportunities for you to grow and advance your career at Elastic.
What You Will Be Doing:
As an SDR organization we spend most of our time creating more revenue and value for Elastic.Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with sales, marketing and our partner team to develop new strategies to build our sales pipeline and grow our business.
- Actively searching and calling prospects for Elastic
- Balance the reactive work of responding to interested users with a creative and proactive approach to identify new opportunities.
- Use Salesforce, Marketo, LinkedIn, and other prospecting tools to research accounts, identify key contacts and craft targeted messaging.
- Learn our technology and effectively communicate our value proposition with a technical audience. Work to understand their goals and challenges to better understand how we can help.
What You Bring Along:
There isn’t a cookie-cutter mold for who we hire, but there are some common qualities each member of our high-performing team possesses:
- Open to feedback and constantly looking for ways to improve
- 1+ years work experience. preferably in a more sales related environment
- Genuinely curious with a desire to ask questions and learn new things
- Able to learn and grasp complex technical concepts. Don’t worry, we’ll give you a lot of resources!
- Creative, self disciplined and passionate about what you do in combination with high energy and a “can do mentality”
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.