Are you ready to take on a new opportunity in the rapidly changing AI and automation space?
Automation Hero – a high-growth start-up with offices in San Francisco, Berlin, and a distributed team around the globe – helps organizations process documents faster than ever with the most powerful and complete intelligent document processing platform. We grew significantly last year – and as we continue to expand, we would love you to grow with us!
Get ready for a fast-moving, fluid start-up environment where you get to make an impact from day one. The ideal candidate should be good at working independently towards a common goal and thrive in an environment with plenty of big-picture direction, cross-team collaboration, and very little micromanagement.
We are looking for an Accounting Manager to create detailed financial reports, oversee two staff members, and manage day to day financial operations.
This role is critical to Automation Hero as we build and improve our company. Responsibilities will span multiple departments. At the outset, this candidate will be responsible for overseeing A/P and A/R, managing payroll (PEO), handling the month-end close, and working through a first-time audit.
This is a remote position and candidates can be based anywhere in the United States.
What we offer
- An exciting and permanent position in a rapidly growing tech start-up
- An opportunity in one of the fastest-growing and most innovative markets worldwide
- Flat hierarchy, fast thinking, open communication and great team spirit
- Talented, multicultural colleagues representing 20+ countries
- “Never stop learning”-model with our own comprehensive e-learning platform
- High degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers
- Oversee day-to-day accounting operations and handle the month-end close
- Prepare and review financial reports (multi-entity setup), including reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations, flux analysis, etc.
- Oversee and responsible for annual financial audit and be main point of contact for tax consultants
- Ensure adherence to GAAP
- Set targets for and supervise staff members
- Reconcile and report differences or issues found in financial records
- Collaboration with teams outside of your department to oversee financial functions
- At least 5 years of related work experience including at least 2 years in public accounting
- Strong analytical skills and always finding opportunities for improvement
- Proficient in the use of accounting software
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP
- Excellent organizational, communication and leadership skills
- BSc/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
- CPA or other relevant qualification is a plus
- Able to communicate in German is a huge plus!
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated; action-oriented
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and learn on the fly
- Lifelong learning attitude and perseverance
- Strong work ethic, values, integrity and trust
-Competitive salary, stock options, and retirement plan
-Paid time off (vacation, sick & public holidays), family and parental leave
-Flexible working hours
-Annual learning & development budget for external training to develop your skills
-Access to our e-learning platform and participate in our various in-house training
Please note: Benefit programs vary by country of residency, are subject to eligibility requirements, and may be modified from time to time. Ask HR for more details about benefits in your region.
As a start-up making cutting-edge AI technology, we have big aspirations. We’re a team of smart, resourceful people dedicated to empowering each other and our customers by building AI technology that will make a difference in the way people work.
We help organizations process any type of document faster than ever with the most powerful and complete intelligent document processing platform. We offer the easiest-to-use and most accurate AI in the industry so companies can instead focus on accelerating business.
We’ve already seen significant interest and traction across multiple industries and only expect this to increase as we grow.
We’re bringing our success in the field of big data analytics and industry experience to this new market. Automation Hero was created by the founding team of Datameer, the award-winning market front-runner in big data business intelligence that is used by companies such as Citibank, Visa, Barclays, Sprint, Deutsche Telekom and Dell (among others). Datameer was built from the ground up, raised more than $100M in VC funding and doubled revenue six years in a row, not to mention secured a place in Gartner’s BI and Analytic Magic Quadrant within the first five years.
We love working with and encouraging each other to bring the best product to market. Join us now and help make a direct impact on a game-changing product in a cutting-edge industry.
Automation Hero is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. We are committed to respecting the gender, gender identity and gender expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests for preferred pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Automation Hero does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Automation Hero will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Automation Hero.
Automation Hero, Inc. has published a GDPR Privacy Notice for Recruitment regarding the processing of personal data for recruitment purposes for its subsidiaries in the European Union which is accessible under https://automationhero.ai/privacy-policy.