This is a remote role for anyone based in the United States.
Fonoa is building a next-generation API solution that enables automating a manual and laborious process for companies operating globally, with tax being at the heart of our product. We’re already available in 80+ countries to enable businesses to meet their indirect tax obligations and are looking to continue to expand.
We are currently looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our newly formed growth team, with the mission of enabling Fonoa reach potential customers and businesses that we’d love to sell to. In this role, you will have the opportunity to expand on your existing sales and lead generation skills, helping scout the market, driving thoughtful and well-curated sales campaigns, and qualify any inbound customers to determine how our solution can help them with automate taxes.
You will be working closely with a team of high-performing sales professionals and develop a deep understanding of our product, competition, and successful sales processes.
We are solving one of the largest yet unsolved problems in global e-commerce and looking for people with a hunger for a new challenge and drive to solve a ubiquitous problem for companies selling globally.
What you will be doing:
- Picking up inbound leads and qualifying using our sales playbook
- Conducting market research, prospecting, and helping us build a target list of potential businesses that could leverage the Fonoa solution. This will be a mix of global SaaS, E-commerce, Gig-economy, Marketplaces, etc
- Being a commercial representative for Fonoa, building market and product knowledge
- Work closely with the Revenue and Growth to learn and develop innovative sales strategies to reach our audience
- At least one year’s experience in a sales-related role
- You see sales as a long-term career and have the drive and passion to succeed.
- You like the opportunity of being handed responsibility, take on new projects and make an impact
- A high growth startup environment gets you excited, you’re ready to learn, ready to share, and accelerate your careers
- Degree educated (this role is ideal for recent grads with a self-motivated, entrepreneurial mindset)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and superior attention to detail
- A very competitive compensation package including equity
- Ability to work from any place in the US reporting to our central team in Europe
- A budget to purchase any equipment you need to do your job properly
- An annual, expenses paid global meetup of the Fonoa team somewhere fun in the world (post-Covid)
- A place on a rocketship backed by best-in-class VCs and operators innovating in an overlooked and unsexy area and doing it profitably and sustainably
- A community and culture of builders and problem solvers
At Fonoa, we automate taxes for marketplaces, digital content platforms, ride-sharing, delivery, SaaS, and e-commerce globally.
If you want to launch a business today, there are plenty of products out there to help you get going – from Stripe for payments to Twilio for customer engagement.
How come figuring out taxes is so hard? Why isn’t there an easy way to implement a solution to handle all your taxes on products and services sold worldwide?
We help clients reduce the cost of operations and manual workload when selling internationally.
Our product suite enables users to automatically assign tax rates to each online transaction, create locally compliant receipts & invoices, and report them to tax authorities.
We are an API-first company and our product suite runs seamlessly with minimum manual work required from the user.
Our mission is to automate repetitive and fragmented manual tasks conducted by finance teams and developers via an easy to use API.
Our clients range from world-leading marketplaces, e-commerce, delivery to household-name mobility companies.
We are a remote-first team working across +10 countries. We focus on building best in class products based on observed customer needs and previous industry experience.
Our team has an excellent track record of solving challenging problems at companies such as Uber, Amazon, Grab, Hopin, Farfetch, McKinsey, Trivago, Rocket Internet, and EY.
We are expanding our global presence and looking for many new team members to join us!
- Fonoa is a fully remote company and team members working across +10 different countries in a fully-distributed way
- Flexible hours, set your own schedule that fits you
- Best ideas win, no matter who expresses them
- Builder’s first mindset. We give everyone a lot of autonomy to think of and deliver on their ideas
- We move fast and enable small teams to ideate, prototype, test, and iterate quickly
- Flat structure, excited team members, great incentives, no corporate BS
- We value writing, mental clarity, and neat digital organization skills
- We nurture asynchronous communication enabling everyone in the team to organize their work however they see fit
Our team is based in Europe (GMT and CET time zones). You will be one of our first team members in the US, and will need to have a minimum overlap time of 4 hours with our team based in Europe. Please don’t apply if you can’t fit your schedule during those working hours.