About the Role
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) will primarily be responsible for generating leads and selling Chain.io’s logistics integration software platform to 3PLs, Freight Forwarders, Shippers and SAAS providers who need to integrate with their trading partners. You can work from anywhere in the United States.
- Design, develop and execute strategic sales campaigns to effectively and efficiently penetrate new accounts and drive licensed software revenue and services.
- Focus on Business Development within 3PLs, Freight Forwarders, Shippers and SAAS provider markets, grow and develop key prospect relationships.
- Identify prospects and decision makers as well as generate new relationships within accounts.
- Qualify prospects as per sales plan, budget and decision making.
- Place proactive outbound calls and emails to potential prospects to establish qualified leads for the Outside Sales team.
- Verify, document and complete required data for sales activities within CRM.
- Drives the pre-sales cycle from initial prospect engagement to handoff to sales.
- Comfortably engage with the sales, tech, and leadership team to prepare for meetings.
- Conduct and run demos of Chain.io’s software platform.
- Coordinate with the sales, tech, and leadership team to improve demos and presentations.
- Exceed revenue and productivity metrics as per VP of Sales and CEO goals.
- 2-3+ years of SAAS sales experience, with a clear and demonstrable track record of exceeding quotas.
- 1-2 work experiences, in positions of increasing responsibility and impact.
- YOU MUST have a proven playbook of driving campaigns, qualifying and penetrating new accounts for SaaS subscription revenue within those accounts in excess of $25K-50K+ a year.
- Massive drive, personal commitment to excellence and positive attitude at all times.
- Strong comfort level when dealing with high volume outreach activities such as phone calls, follow ups, scheduling meetings, etc. covering various time zones as needed.
- An enthusiastic self starter, entrepreneurial by nature individual with a “can-do” attitude.
- Experience with CRM full sales life cycle, Salesforce is a plus.
- Customer centric with communication and interpersonal skills that come natural and will woo every touchpoint in the sales process.
- Written communications skills enjoy crafting eye-catching written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly understand customer success stories and communicate them as proof points to new prospects and targets.
- Supply Chain and Logistics experience would get our attention, but not required.
- Salesforce experience is a plus.
We’re Excited About You Because
- We are parched for your Zone of Genius at this moment in our growth and development and thrilled with your desire for a career progression with us.
- You are poised to contribute to the future of how Logistics and Supply Chain integrate with trading partners.
- You have a bias to action, prize results over activity, value speed to market, and strive for efficiency.
- You thrive in situations with big opportunity and limited direction. They bring out your best talents to create, solve, own, guide, drive and stretch yourself and others.
- You share our intense curiosity about the impact of technology on our world, and want to bring that lens to bear on making a significant positive difference.
Who We Are
Chain.io is one of the fastest growing logistics technology software companies and has developed an industry leading logistics integration software platform for 3PLs, Freight Forwarders, Shippers and SAAS providers who need to integrate with customers, agents, suppliers and other systems. Once a client is connected to Chain.io’s platform, they have access to pre-built best practice business processes including bookings, shipments, purchase orders, ASNs, status updates, documents, invoices, and more. They also have access to other prebuilt adaptors with our SaaS customers on the platform.
Review the Video From Founder and CEO Brian Glick on What is Chain.io is attached in this job req.
Chain.io Headquarters, Compensation and Benefits Overview
- Headquarters at 1518 Walnut Street in Philadelphia and is situated in one of the best areas of Philadelphia / Rittenhouse Square and can be easily accessed from SEPTA trains to Suburban Station, SEPTA buses and PATCO.
- Our Brand and Culture is more than how we market our products; it’s a way of thinking and a way of acting. It pervades everything we do, from the way we hold meetings, how we write our documentation, to how we present our internal accounting documents.
- We believe in 3 main principles – Nice, Accessible and Professional at all times.
- Our salary is extremely competitive based on prior skills and experience and we give our employees a flexible work schedule, where you have the ability to work remotely and set your own work hours.
- PTO overview – you are required to use at least 10 days per year with a soft ceiling of 20 days (very flexible if you need to go over).
- We offer you subsidized Health and Dental insurance as well as 401K.
- We give you the opportunity to be reimbursed for conferences and professional development.
***YOU MUST BE A CITIZEN OF THE UNITED STATES, HAVE YOUR GREEN CARD OR LONG TERM VISA TO APPLY TO THIS POSITION***
Our company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.