Articulate is seeking a Sales Engineer to join our amazing team. As a Sales Engineer, your technical proficiency will enable our Sales and Success teams to clear technical hurdles and sell/renew into technically discriminating customer environments across both the 360 and Rise sides of our business. You’ll spend roughly 75% of your time pre-sales, and 25% post-sales. You’ll use your in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales/success staff and the customer through presentations and product demonstrations. You’ll assist the sales/success staff in assessing the potential application of company products to meet customer needs and may prepare detailed recommendations for the implementation of our products into complex customer environments. You may create detailed implementation specifications for customers, requiring examples and product demos. You’ll provide consultation to customers and assess or validate our products’ capabilities and match for customer needs.
What You’ll do:
- Discuss in-depth the inner workings of our technical offerings
- Present the benefits of our products to customers in presentations and demos
- Understand the requirements of prospects and customers, and propose technical solutions
- Communicate, prioritize, and escalate feature requests when a mismatch exists between customer requirements and product capabilities
- Be proactive and deadline-driven in your approach to work. Use excellent time management and organization skills, initiating and completing multiple simultaneous special projects according to schedule.
- Deeply understand the structure of our Pre-Sales and Post-Sales (Success) teams in an effort to support their technical needs
- Develop strong relationships with our Engineering, Compliance, Platform, Training, and Community Teams and use them as resources to fill in knowledge gaps or join you in demos as needed
What you should have:
- You have 5 years of experience in technical support or a combined
- 5 years of support with IT and/or software development roles.
- You are a digital native; you innately possess a deep and broad knowledge of all things technical, including but not limited to: Extensive experience with Windows, Office and a wide variety of Windows applications.
- Web Technologies, including all major browsers, email delivery, accessibility tools, and challenges such as low bandwidth, proxy servers, content filters, and firewalls.
- Basic understanding of corporate networks and security protocols.
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS.
- Strong grasp of the technical challenges that Articulate’s Enterprise customers face disproportionately, including: SSOIntegrations and APIsSecurity & Compliance (with help from other teams), Desktop Packaging/Silent Install/MSIInfrastructure Concerns (Endpoints, Proxy, Firewall, and so on), Service TogglingThird-Party Content including SCORM/xAPI/CMI5
- You are able to handle stressful situations while maintaining a friendly and professional attitude.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills; able to convey complex concepts concisely and clearly to customers with professionalism, empathy, and excellent grammar and spelling.
- You are positive, empathetic, driven, collaborative, flexible, patient, and confident.
- You are passionate about solving the toughest of problems. Basic understanding of the AICC, SCORM, and Tin Can API specifications and experience with Learning Management Systems.
You’re the ideal candidate if:
- Experience with Articulate tools and applications.
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Slack, Zoom, WebEx, GoToMeeting, or Microsoft Teams.
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting web communication problems using Fiddler, HttpWatch, or Browser Developer Tools.
- Multimedia creation, including editing of Audio, Video, and Images
You have read our human-centered organization framework and are in sync with it 100%.
Articulate is a highly successful, fully remote software company that’s changing the way the world learns. Our award-winning e-learning tools are used by 111,965+ organizations across the globe to create engaging online and mobile courses. Our customers include 100 of the Fortune 100 and 19 of the top 20 U.S. universities. And our online community of 1,035,000+ members is the largest, fastest-growing community in the industry.
We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We’re all free to exercise our crafts the best way we know how to reach our goals as individuals and teams. Each and every one of us is focused on producing results that directly impact the company’s success. And we all strive to do what’s right by people, both internally and externally, instead of taking the shortest route to the highest profits.
We honor people’s humanity in all of our disparate experiences and social locations, accepting each person as an individual with a story worth listening to and honoring. We believe that honoring everyone’s humanity means being committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.