Here at Elevate Security, we’re building the world’s first-ever proactive insider risk platform. We are focused on enabling enterprises to shift left of loss by identifying the users most likely to cause a breach and orchestrating additional security to minimize the likelihood of an incident.
We’re looking for exceptional and passionate people to help us build this future and redefine the security landscape. Come join one of the top 10 best tech startups in Berkeley (from anywhere in the world; we’re remote)!
About The Role
Technical Sales Engineers (SE’s) at Elevate Security are a critical component of our sales force. They share a revenue target with their sales account manager and cover a geographic sales area of the country. In practical terms, they are responsible for product positioning, initial product education, handling objections / competitive threats, and ensuring that customers have a seamless evaluation experience. SE’s and their sales partners are the “face” of Elevate Security to customers/partners and they directly influence customer decisions and product deployment plans.
- Develop and nurture both technical and executive relationships across the region to influence mindshare and preference for Elevate Security’s solutions.
- Effectively present Elevate Security solutions via live presentations and remote webinars and assist with trade shows, expos, and symposiums.
- Own and drive the POC cycle in partnership with backend support.
- Provide powerful demos driven by use cases, customer stories, customer pain points, and Elevate Security’s unique value proposition.
- Take ownership of the technical enablement for your assigned sales region with both customers and our strategic partners.
- Represent and advocate for your customers on future feature development and product support.
What You Will Bring
- 10+ years of customer-facing experience with at least 5 years in a technical presales role.
- Experience working in a small company or a start-up, where flexibility, initiative, and ownership are keys to success.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact, communicate and build relationships at both the C level and the technical analyst level.
- Effective working independently and in a team setting.
- A strong technical background in cybersecurity with knowledge of Enterprise security risk, threat vectors and security tools & technologies (typical enterprise security stack, including SIEMs, SOC workflows) and risk management operations.
- Exposure to cybersecurity frameworks such as NIST.
- Familiarity with Cloud platforms, including AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Familiarity with API and basic programming methodologies; preference for Python, PowerShell, Ruby, BASH, Golang etc.
- BA/BS degree or higher, or equivalent job-related experience.
- Ability to travel, domestic up to 50%
What Make Elevate Security A Great Place To Work?
- We care about your career. At Elevate Security we encourage each other to constantly grow and expand our skills and knowledge. Mentorship is part of our culture as you work side by side with some of the brightest talent in the Bay Area.
- At such a small, tight-knit startup, you matter tremendously and your contributions make an immediate impact.
- We have fun! No matter how fast we grow or how busy we are, we always remember to laugh and enjoy each other and our clients.
- Balancing our careers and personal lives is important to us. We want you to work where and when you work best.
- Embracing our culture of diversity, constant learning, and collaboration makes us a better team and helps us build a better product.
- We are mission driven. We never lose sight of why we do what we do.
- We’re genuinely nice, optimistic, inclusive, and empathetic people. We won’t hire jerks.
- We’re remote!
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Life Insurance
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Professional development funds