RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. We create open-source data science software that is free for anyone in the world to download and use free of charge, as well as a professional software suite that enables organizations to author, share, and manage data science applications securely and at scale. Our customers are leading-edge innovators in analytics, machine learning, big data, and similar domains, and generally work in R and Python. 50% of the Fortune 1,000 use RStudio to solve their most difficult business problems.
We are looking to hire a talented Sales Process and Knowledge Partner (internally known as Process and Knowledge Management Partner), reporting to the VP of Operations, working as part of the Revenue Organization (Sales, Customer Success, and Business Development, and Sales Operations). Our Sales Operations team is responsible for building and maintaining the company’s revenue engine.
The Process and Knowledge Management Partner is a senior-level individual contributor who will work closely with leaders and team members to support the efficiency, velocity, and productivity of revenue-generating functions at scale by implementing and documenting process and policy, capturing institutional knowledge for efficient access by the team, and designing for further scale and automation. Candidates will possess business process and analytical skills that will be instrumental in helping our teams scale globally. Your work will ensure RStudio secures revenues that fund its mission to create open-source software that serves the data science community.
What you’ll own:
- Continuously assess, and update documentation of our current internal and customer-facing business processes supporting the customer experience
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to collect and document stakeholder input/business requirements, identify and help prioritize process improvement opportunities within the sales organization, and drive solution design
- Create and curate a knowledge base of key resources needed by field team members across Sales, Customer Success, and Business Development for maximum efficiency in serving our customers and partners. We aspire for this knowledge base to become a “one-stop-shop” for field team members to quickly and efficiently get answers they need around process, product, policy, etc. Continually curate the knowledge base, identifying and closing gaps in team knowledge, processes, documentation, and governance
What you’ll assist with:
- Participate in (and potentially lead) projects ranging from policy improvements, process optimization, data management, technology development, and systems integrations in support of RStudio’s Sales, Customer Success, Business Development and related functions
- Help the field team members navigate knowledge base of key resources, using their questions and feedback to make it better and more complete
- Collaborate with RevOrg leaders to determine the strategy and execute programs or automations / tech-touch to drive a world-class Sales, Customer Success, and Business Development process and associated revenue growth, increasing our productivity and effectiveness
- Encourage customer-centric thinking across teams, working backward to lead to a world-class Customer Experience, based on direct customer feedback and data
- Be a primary point of coordination and expertise in the creation, management, and execution of RStudio’s customer experience strategy
- Communicate to stakeholders with maximum clarity around requirements, impact, risks, and progress of initiatives. Identify and articulate the impact of decisions on upstream and downstream areas, trade-offs, and benefits
- Interface with department heads to implement seamless customer handoff and touchpoint processes
What you’ll teach:
- Process and knowledge management practices that will drive multiple complex projects at the same time to on-time completion in a fast-moving environment
- Empathy for internal stakeholders’ pain points and needs, and an ability to translate those needs into concrete requirements
- How to use structured and unstructured data to inform key metrics and improve business decision making
- Communicating informed, data-driven opinions and drive discussions on strategy, priority, and tradeoffs while representing the needs of the Sales organization
What you’ll learn:
- Sales operations at high volumes (hundreds of opportunities won/month)
- Scaling sales operations in an organization managing significant increases in revenue (from tens of millions of dollars to $150+ million)
- Kanban and/or ticket-based process management
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
We offer competitive compensation with extensive human-first, people-focused benefits to prioritize your personal and financial well-being.
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums are covered for employees and their families! Fertility and gender-affirming healthcare is included in all of our plans.
- Supplemental mental health and wellness benefits are available via Ginger even if you don’t opt in to our insurance plans, including Ginger for teen family members.
- RStudio’s gender-neutral paid parental leave policy covers all new parents, including foster and adoptive parents.
- Our 401k matches up to 50% of the maximum employee contribution after six months.
- An annual profit-sharing bonus for employees recognizes our team’s contributions to company performance across the year.
- We are a 100% distributed team. You are also welcome to come into our Seattle or Boston offices.
- Our remote office allowance includes:
- $1000 home office allowance plus an additional $800 for equipment
- Up to $400 monthly reimbursement for coworking space rental
- Our remote office allowance includes:
- We provide a flexible environment with a generous vacation policy that encourages a minimum of four weeks PTO per year plus 13 paid company holidays.
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.