About BentoBox & Our Mission
The BentoBox Marketing and Commerce Platform delivers a seamless guest experience dedicated to accelerating growth and helping restaurants thrive. BentoBox empowers modern restaurants to build their online presence, diversify revenue, engage with diners, and increase operational efficiency. To do so, the platform includes products such as websites, ordering (online ordering, pre-order & catering, gift cards, merchandise, tickets), events management, and marketing tools.
Over 14,000 restaurants worldwide rely on BentoBox as their digital front door. BentoBox is trusted and loved by hospitality groups such as José Andrés’s ThinkFoodGroup and Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group and independent restaurants including Emmy Squared, Suerte, and The Meatball Shop.
BentoBox is proud to be a part of Restaurant Solutions, a division of Fiserv – a leading global provider of payments and financial services technology that enables 200,000 restaurants to deliver differentiating experiences.
As a Sales Specialist, you’ll join an energetic team of curious and goal-oriented individuals who are empowering the world’s restaurants to succeed in their mission of hospitality. You should be the type of person who’s motivated by making a positive impact on a company’s culture while helping your customers thrive and prosper. If you’re enthusiastic about sales and you like to win, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Do:
- Participate in a thorough (and fun!) training program to develop and enhance selling skills, learn the BentoBox sales process, and develop expertise in restaurant tech to best serve your customers.
- Consistent outreach to leads in the restaurant industry to build a pipeline sufficient to meet or exceed your monthly sales quota. Leads will be given to you weekly and prospecting will be primarily done via cold-calling, emailing, texting and social media outreach.
- Work leads from initial touchpoint through the full sales cycle to close.
- Effectively manage a pipeline of 20 to 30 sales opportunities by consistently following up, logging your activities and notes in Salesforce and dispositioning opportunities as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of activity through our primary sales tools, Salesforce and Outreach.
- Develop expertise in the restaurant industry and its relationship to technology and digital marketing.
- Leverage the energy of your co-workers and the opportunity to learn and share best practices by working in the BentoBox office full time during your training and onboarding period. Remote work up to 2 days per week is optional after successful completion of onboarding and consistent, successful performance in role.
- Uphold BentoBox’s core mission, vision, and values.
- Minimum 1 years of successful cold calling, prospecting and sales experience; restaurant tech sales a plus but not required.
- Previous closing experience, with full sales cycle experience preferred.
- Proficiency with MacBooks, SalesForce, Outreach, G Suite, and Gong.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with consultative selling preferred.
What You’ve Got:
- Achievement. You have a history of setting goals and exceeding them, in sales and in life.
- Versatility. You have the ability to balance a high volume of prospecting and full cycle selling.
- Customer Focus. You have the ability to uncover a prospect’s needs and appropriately sell a full suite of products and services to meet those needs.
- Competitiveness.You’re hungry for knowledge and always striving to improve. You set high personal standards and are motivated by excellence (and money!)
- Confidence.You trust your judgment, assert your opinion (without a big ego), and ask for support when it will help you achieve your goals.
- Organizational Skills.You use technology for time management, you’re disciplined, and you’re realistic with the goals you set for yourself.
- Astuteness.You’re sharp, you’re clever, you pick things up quickly, and you use these attributes to be a creative problem-solver.
- Optimism. You view every setback as an opportunity. Your positive attitude helps you win. People want to be around you because you do things with a smile.
- Perseverance.You take initiative, assume ownership, exhibit independence, and get work done!
- Charisma. You’re personable and you make a lasting first impression. You can adapt to many communication styles and can build a relationship with anyone. Proactivity. You take ownership of your own success, and are constantly requesting feedback and thinking about ways to improve.
Perks of Joining BentoBox:
Monday-Thursday in office work week. Work from home Fridays.
*First 90 days in office for five days a week*
- $120,000 OTE (Base + Commission)
- Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Generous time off programs including paid parental leave
- Holistic wellness program
- Employee resource groups
- Professional development, growth and support
- Opportunity to work with a passionate team making a positive impact on the hospitality community
Important Information on BentoBox’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
In order to protect our community, BentoBox newly hired employees in the United States will not be required to be fully vaccinated, but will be required to disclose vaccination status. Associates traveling within the U.S. will no longer be required to attend safety briefings and Fiserv-sponsored events will no longer require proof of vaccination. All Fiserv associates can enter and work in Fiserv facilities regardless of vaccination status.
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.