Bounteous is looking for a B2C Salesforce Principal Architect to lead multiple workstreams in sophisticated enterprise customer engagements, partnering with key collaborators to drive and achieve the vision while completing key work. The Principal Architect is a hands-on advisor, using good interpersonal and team skills alongside their industry experience, Salesforce product and technical systems subject matter expertise, and knowledge of their commerce practices to deliver customer return on investment. This position sits within our Technology team, but will regularly interface with a large, cross-functional team of developers, solution architects, commerce specialists and marketing strategists to help bring digital customer experiences to life. As such, the ideal candidate will be dynamic and flexible with a strong affinity toward data and process.
This position necessitates knowledge of varying industry trends, B2C best practices and associated marketing technologies, so the ideal candidate should possess a desire to continually learn, improve and apply subject matter expertise to individual client needs.
If you are energized by representing an award-winning, stable and growing company in a fast moving digital transformation space, we’d like to meet you!
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead discovery efforts to gather necessary information from clients and internal team members to appropriately understand business needs and solution requirements for B2C eCommerce efforts
- Develop deep knowledge of each client’s business and available data to ensure platform solutioning is on par with client’s commerce objectives
- Translate business needs into detailed technical requirements for platform configuration, data schemas and system integrations to deliver against business needs
- Maintain expert level understanding of the Salesforce product suite, including but not limited to Commerce, Marketing, and App Clouds
- Provide oversight and governance of sold and managed Salesforce projects and manage the delivery of and help coordinate all elements of a Salesforce Core and/or Commerce Cloud implementation
- Create Architecture and Technical specifications documents
- Serve as day-to-day technical platform SME to internal and client teams
- Lead solution design sessions; architect and document technical solutions aligned with client business objectives; identify gaps between client’s current and desired end states
- Work closely with project management team to manage workflow and deadlines across multiple, simultaneous platform-related projects and change controls
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related business or technology field, or equivalent work experience required
- 10+ years experience in a CRM or Software Development role working with data-driven applications
- Minimum of 5 years working with Salesforce Cloud systems as a Platform Architect, with demonstrated experience leading 3+ platform implementation projects
- Minimum of 5 years in direct-to-consumer Salesforce B2C Commerce experience in the areas of solution design, commerce user flows, digital merchandising, information architecture, systems integration, data modeling
- Agency experience preferred, with 2+ years experience in a client-facing role and knowledge of overall agency structures and agile project management methodologies
- Salesforce Cloud certifications preferred
- Exposure to other Salesforce Industry Cloud (Consumer Cloud, Financial Services Cloud, Heath Cloud, etc.) capabilities is a plus
- Proven ability to design and optimize business processes and integrate business processes across disparate enterprise systems
- Configuration experience using the Salesforce point-and-click developer interface (e.g., Flows, Lightning Data, etc.)
- Awareness of programmatic solutions on the Salesforce platform including Apex, LWCs and VisualForce
- Understanding of the Salesforce data loader for data migration activities in Salesforce, and/or Dataloader.io
- Knowledge of integration and headless/composable architecture as well as third-party integration tools and ETL (Such as MuleSoft, Boomi, Informatica, Jitterbit etc.) with Salesforce
- Expert understanding of B2C commerce practices, including customer journeys, composable storefronts, order management and payment systems, and cross-channel experiences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience managing and upskilling teams and supporting individual team member growth
- Comfortable working with all levels of an organization and capable of communicating as effectively with technical staff as with business and management
- Deep functional and technical understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS and other Cloud Computing Services is a plus
We invite you to subscribe to our monthly and quarterly newsletters to stay up to date with the latest job openings as well as resources and tips for job seekers here.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.