Outschool’s mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We achieve this by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with other classmates who share their passions, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own paths. Our small group classes meet over live video chat with teachers who celebrate their unique strengths and empower all learners to develop confidence and a strong sense of self.
We’re also focused on removing barriers for historically underserved learners who face systemic challenges to their success. In 2020, we started Outschool.org and began offering financial assistance to families in need. We are currently creating an Educator Endowment Fund to appreciate the teachers who are so central to our mission of inspiring kids to love learning.
We believe that diversity drives learning. To meet our mission, we encourage, support, and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds. As a fully distributed (remote) team, we challenge one another to find the most effective way to empower learners, teachers, and parents. Your name, race, religion, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and age are not barriers; they are why we want to work with you. We invite talented and creative candidates who value the importance of nurturing a child’s boundless curiosity to join us on this journey.
The pandemic has been challenging for families all over the globe. We acted quickly and worked together to provide quality resources to learners, parents, and teachers in the past year. As communities worldwide rethink their approach to education, Outschool will continue to innovate and provide kids with unique opportunities to explore their passions.
Earlier this year, Techcrunch recognized Outschool as the newest EdTech unicorn. We’ve also been named Fast Company’s most innovative EdTech company in the world, and one of the top ten best startups for women from Elpha.
Are you excited about schools and districts providing more choice and amazing classes to their learners? If so, this job is for you. Outschool is looking for a passionate and dedicated School Partnerships Team Lead to establish a strong foothold in schools and districts, working with Directors of Curriculum and Instruction, Chief Academic Officers and Superintendents across the country that want to serve their students better. We are looking for someone who gets equal satisfaction from developing a strategy as they do from executing it. We are looking for candidates who possess strong people skills and communication, an understanding of K-12 schools, a love of talking about learning, and the desire to transform how we think about education.
- Set the vision to scale the team to meet the demands of a growing business
- Drive strategy to reach more schools and districts in collaboration with the Sales and Marketing teams
- Lead the Schools Sales and Account Management teams, including direct responsibility for team structure, skill based coaching, and career planning, resulting in a healthy and high performing team that hits targets consistently
- Provide oversight of implementation of Outschool in schools and onboarding with a hyper focus on utilization for schools and districts
- Partner with Product Managers, Analytics, and Outschool.org teams to create a long term vision and roadmap for schools and districts
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- You have 6+ years of experience leading a sales team of 4 or more people, with 2+ years leading a sales team in the K-12 space
- You have 2+ years of experience in high growth and/or experience growing a team from 0-10+
- You have experience hitting sales targets exceeding $2 million annually, with a propensity to exceed the target and/or you have managed your own P&L of $10+ million in revenue
- You have an understanding of the K-12 space across traditional public, private, and charter schools, and when you don’t know something, you find ways to figure it out
- You have experience building school and district level relationships, selling and account management
- You have the ability to toggle between 30K foot view to strategize/plan and the deep weeds to execute
- You know how to support and develop others, enjoy the process, and are known for being both patient and persistent
- You have experience developing and executing marketing, outreach, and mass communication strategies
- You have an understanding of the needs of school and district leadership teams and the obstacles that may arise working with them
- You have experience presenting to, and influencing school leadership teams, executive teams or boards of directors
- You are creative and feel rewarded by connecting with and helping others — developing relationships is important to you
- You ask a lot of questions, listen deeply, and understand the challenges of others
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker with a bias to inbox zero
- You care about learning and education and want to make it better
- Shared Financial Success: Competitive salaries, stock options, and investment plans that make saving for retirement easier.
- Health & Wellness: Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage options for employees and their families. Our medical benefits include fertility and family planning coverage. We also provide employees with online access to coaching and therapy sessions through our partner, ModernHealth.
- PTO & Family Benefits: PTO and family leave enable our team to take the time that we need to recharge, relax, and spend time with family and friends.
- Fully Distributed: With a team distributed across the US and Canada, we create a remote culture through expensable weekly meals, virtual events, expensable home office setup, and internet allowance.
- Lifelong Learners: Annual budgets to self-direct our professional development as well as DEI learning. There’s also a budget for employees’ learners to take classes on Outschool!
- Community Impact: Outschool matches employee donations to established charities and has committed to donating $3M to Outschool.org non-profit programs.
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Outschool is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be a citizen or legal resident of the U.S. or Canada and reside in U.S. or Canada.