Outschool’s mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We achieve this by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with other classmates who share their passions, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own paths. Our small group classes meet over live video chat with teachers who celebrate their unique strengths and empower all learners to develop confidence and a strong sense of self.
We’re also focused on removing barriers for historically underserved learners who face systemic challenges to their success. In 2020, we started Outschool.org and began offering financial assistance to families in need. We are currently creating an Educator Endowment Fund to appreciate the teachers who are so central to our mission of inspiring kids to love learning.
We believe that diversity drives learning. To meet our mission, we encourage, support, and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds. As a fully distributed (remote) team, we challenge one another to find the most effective way to empower learners, teachers, and parents. Your name, race, religion, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and age are not barriers; they are why we want to work with you. We invite talented and creative candidates who value the importance of nurturing a child’s boundless curiosity to join us on this journey.
The pandemic has been challenging for families all over the globe. We acted quickly and worked together to provide quality resources to learners, parents, and teachers in the past year. As communities worldwide rethink their approach to education, Outschool will continue to innovate and provide kids with unique opportunities to explore their passions.
Earlier this year, Techcrunch recognized Outschool as the newest EdTech unicorn. We’ve also been named Fast Company’s most innovative EdTech company in the world, and one of the top ten best startups for women from Elpha.
You will play a critical role in building Outschool’s new Schools and Districts Partnerships business line. This team offers an exciting, unique opportunity to build our business to support schools and districts with high quality classes taught on Outschool. The pandemic showed schools that remote learning can be engaging and opened up the market for organizations like Outschool to help them do it well. Alongside our Employer Partnerships product line, we believe this will be a crucial driver of company growth in the years ahead, and you will be part of building this business from the ground up.
In this role, your goal is to provide an amazing experience for our schools, districts and related groups (e.g PTAs, Parks and Rec) and to ensure that learners’, teachers’ and administrators’ needs are met. This role’s key metrics are customer satisfaction, retention & renewals, and Outschool utilization.
We are looking for someone who can combine customer obsession, a competitive spirit, and precise execution. In addition to executing at the highest level, you’ll also need to be thinking critically and creatively about our approach and making constant improvements. It’s important to bring someone on board who can operate independently to drive results and thrives on collaboration and teamwork. The right addition to our team will feel rewarded by connecting with and helping others because developing relationships is important to them. We are looking for strong interpersonal and communication skills, a desire to succeed, and the commitment to transform the way we think about education.
- Build relationships with current schools and districts to understand their needs and goals in supporting learners
- Deliver best-in-class service to our partners — responding to questions & needs quickly and proactively reaching out to offer support
- Identify opportunities to improve our current approach to account management and implement changes that uplevel our work
- Work closely with Product, Outschool.org, and other teams across the company to ensure the success of our employer partnerships
- Ensure that our partners are satisfied, retained, and renewing their contracts with Outschool regularly
- Partner with our schools and districts to promote Outschool, driving usage and satisfaction among their learners, teachers and administrators
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 3+ years of experience and a track record of success in a role that provides direct account management, customer/client service, partnerships, or sales
- Passion for customer experience, dedication to going above & beyond to deliver the best customer experience possible
- Excellent interpersonal skills, love for people, and ability to thrive in an environment where you are connecting with others all day (via email, phone, Zoom, etc.)
- Strong listening skills, seeking to understand the challenges of others; you ask a lot of questions to figure out the needs of potential partnerships
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and a bias to inbox zero
- Ability to think critically and creatively about our approach, with the goal of making constant improvements and balancing big-picture perspective with attention to detail
- Motivation to collaborate with team members and an ability to partner with others to up-level our work
- A clear understanding of & passion for Outschool’s mission that will shine through in conversations with partners
- Bonus points for experience working with leaders in schools and districts
- Previous startup experience
- Shared Financial Success: Competitive salaries, stock options, and investment plans that make saving for retirement easier.
- Health & Wellness: Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage options for employees and their families. Our medical benefits include fertility and family planning coverage. We also provide employees with online access to coaching and therapy sessions through our partner, ModernHealth.
- PTO & Family Benefits: PTO and family leave enable our team to take the time that we need to recharge, relax, and spend time with family and friends.
- Fully Distributed: With a team distributed across the US and Canada, we create a remote culture through expensable weekly meals, virtual events, expensable home office setup, and internet allowance.
- Lifelong Learners: Annual budgets to self-direct our professional development as well as DEI learning. There’s also a budget for employees’ learners to take classes on Outschool!
- Community Impact: Outschool matches employee donations to established charities and has committed to donating $3M to Outschool.org non-profit programs.
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Outschool is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Must be a citizen or legal resident of the U.S. or Canada and reside in U.S. or Canada.