The world is changing at an accelerating rate and understanding the shifting landscapes has never been more critical. Primer is the premier artificial-intelligence powered platform that allows humans to get information that they need, instantly, in ways that until now have not been possible. We believe that truth is knowable; our mission is to free the curious to be their most human. We are building machines that can read natural language text documents, understand them, correlate them into events, and share what they learn by writing their own natural language text documents.
At Primer we use machine learning and natural language processing to automate the analysis of very large corpora of unstructured text. We build systems that read documents, extract insights, and write reports comparable to those of a human analyst. Our objective is to help our customers understand the world around them –– from geopolitical events and scientific research to changes in the risk profiles of companies. Our clients include some of the world’s largest corporations, financial institutions, and government agencies. You can learn more about Primer’s technology and the sort of problems we solve at our blog
, as well as recent media coverage
of our work.
As a Cyber Security Engineer, you will be a key member of the Infrastructure Engineering team ensuring security across the company. You will help confirm that sensitive data is protected and make sure we have the right tools implemented. You will also help our software engineers be successful by sharing your knowledge and working to prevent any vulnerabilities in code from being exposed.
From your first day, you’ll drive the implementation of security throughout the organization. You
- Analyze the organizational security posture and seek improvements on a continuous basis
- Implement and manage the security toolchain in a cloud environment
- Develop best practices and security standards/procedures for the organization
- Perform vulnerability scanning and remediation
- Respond to security alerts and conduct root cause analysis
- Implement and maintain DAST/SAST reviews
- Perform incident response and track cyber actions from initial detection to final resolution
What We Are Looking For
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Cloud technologies
- Knowledge of Python and Golang
- Knowledge of vulnerability management tools, technologies, and methods
- Experience implementing and maintaining security in a software development organization
- Direct experience with intrusion detection systems
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Primer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.