Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
Elastic is looking for an outstanding product mind to join the Elastic Security product team and help define the future of security solutions. Elastic Security is a new kind of security solution that is combining SIEM, host based security use cases, and cloud workload protection to protect the world’s data from attack. As a Senior Product Manager on our team, your job will be to define and help the team execute the features needed to deliver world-class cloud workload and container protection capabilities into our unified security solution.
What You Will Be Doing
- Working alongside the Design and Engineering teams, you will define product features and initiatives across the Security solution.
- Thanks to your affinity for polished user experiences, you will lead the necessary conversations as it relates to design, wireframing and prototyping, and maintain an iterative approach to feature design and implementation.
- Beyond product development, you will support Sales and Product Marketing efforts related to the Security solution, including competitive analysis, marketing collateral, and demand generation activities.
- You will collect market data, customer feedback, customer usage data, and other key information to develop product insights and help drive the product roadmap.
- You will directly support customer initiatives by engaging with the most enthusiastic customers in the security industry, helping you understand their needs better, and helping them push the technology to a whole new level.
- You will independently measure product critical metrics, which will drive process improvements and future product features, and take action on this data with great autonomy.
What You Bring Along
- 7+ years in the cybersecurity field, with 2+ years in cloud workload security
- 4+ years of experience in practical Product Management experience in cybersecurity, preferably in cloud workload protection
- Working knowledge of operating systems and other infrastructure types – Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, containers, etc.
- Outstanding spoken and written communication skills.
- Empathy for customer challenges and needs, turning them into opportunities in the short and long-term.
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.