Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re creating Product Experience insights software for digital product teams. We help show how users behave and what they feel strongly about, so product teams can deliver real value, fast.
Hotjar’s Security Team sits within our Compliance Division and is responsible for the oversight, guidance and business enablement of security aspects within the Hotjar product, team and customers.
Reporting to Hotjar’s Director of Compliance, you will ensure Hotjar operates in a secure remote environment. As a team lead, you’ll lead a growing team of Security professionals by scaling the team’s processes and guiding them through feedback, mentoring, and advocacy within the organization.
- Lead a globally distributed team of Security professionals serving as the main point of escalation for business security-related matters.
- Be accountable for ensuring Hotjar maintains a security posture that is driven by our Core Values.
- Build strong relationships with other teams across Hotjar to align on security standards in an agile manner, honoring customer assurances.
- Continually monitor emerging threats, understanding when a concern becomes a priority, and finding creative ways to mitigate these while achieving business goals.
- Mature Hotjar’s security processes to be in line with information security best practices for a company of Hotjar’s size and on Hotjar’s growth trajectory.
- Be a hands-on leader taking ownership of deliverables, breaking them down and actioning complex problems.
- Lead a continuous effort towards educating our team, acting as a Security champion promoting continued security awareness across the Hotjar organization.
- Working experience in security-relevant roles working with technologies relevant to the SaaS market we operate in.
- Able to effectively lead a team in advancing a large number of deals and projects simultaneously, often on tight deadlines.
- Has a proven track record in having a pragmatic security and business enablement mindset that looks to challenge the status quo.
- Have experience maintaining a SaaS-focused customer privacy information security program.
- A willingness to get stuff done in an enthusiastic, proactive, and resourceful manner that scales.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for this role is €95,000 to €125,000 annually where the offer typically falls in the range of €105,000 to €110,000. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks valued at more than €10,000 a year, plus stock options and 40 days of vacation. These have been chosen to reflect our values and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the annual leave and Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Hotjar pledges to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free company, committed to equal opportunity. We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product, and our company, better.