Hi, I’m Chris, VP of Sales here at Customer.io.
We’re looking for a motivated and successful Sr. Account Executive to join our growing sales team at Customer.io to support our next stage of growth. This is a unique opportunity to join a thriving, fast-paced team and take your sales career to the next level. If you’ve worked enterprise or large mid-market deals in the MarTech or Saas space and are looking for a role with upward mobility potential, this role could be the perfect fit for you.
As a Sr. Account Executive at Customer.io, you’ll represent Customer.io to our largest prospective customers.
Most of the time, you’ll be taking over a new prospect that came through our inbound our channel through our SDR team, or You’ll be taking over sales qualified leads at the demo stage, and doing ample research prior to re-qualification and a thorough demonstration of the software to the prospect and their team.
From there, you will take this prospect all the way to new Premium customer. The Premium offering of Customer.io is our high-touch sales experience, and high-touch, high service customer experience. You will exclusively be focused on selling our Premium offering to new customers. We have a fantastic supportive Customer Success team that you’ll be handing customers off to and a wonderful Technical Support team that helps support our customers with their intricate technical questions and problems, so you’re joining a company and team that is well equipped to support our Premium customers.
Some things you’ll do…
- Take over qualified leads from our outbound and inbound sales teams; run discovery calls (qualifying through MEDDIC) and full sale-cycle to close customers.
- Work with our SDR team to give great feedback on lead quality and sales strategy, so we’re constantly sourcing better leads that Customer.io can help and turn into happy customers
- Schedule and perform online demos with qualified prospects
- Uncover key business needs and problems, match Customer.io’s solutions and features
- Own your key numbers! Report present and past sales, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenue, and administrative commitments for management
- Explain and demonstrate features and merits of our products and services
- Top performer in an Account Executive role, ideally within the Saas or technology environment.
- Bonus points for experience in B2B SaaS
- Proven track record of quota and goal achievement.
- Familiarity with MEDDIC or a similar sales framework.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must, as well as a professional and engaging phone presence.
- Ability to identify customer business needs in order to recommend relevant solutions
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- You’re a creative problem solver who can understand the customer problem and find the best solution regardless of what the customer is asking for
- Based in the United States
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 3,500 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a base salary of $80,000 USD + commission.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO – we recommend 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave – for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching – up to 5% dollar for dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance – Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend – Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement – Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement – Up to $300 USD per month for those times you’d prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development – Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops – anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io – to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- Company retreats twice a year – we are planning for our Spring 2022 retreat to be in Athens, Greece!
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! – as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below by 9am PT on January 3rd and tell us why you’re interested in the position! In your cover letter, be sure to tell us your favorite sales book or philosophy. There is no advantage to applying early so put your best foot forward. We plan to respond to all applicants by January 10th with a status update about your application.
Here’s what you can expect from our hiring process:
- 30 minute video call with a Recruiter
- 30 – 45 minute video call with the Hiring Manager
- Assignment + 45 minute interview with two potential team members