- TaskRabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the USA!
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “ Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About the Job
The Senior Accountant will be a key part of the finance team and work closely with the Accounting Manager to manage accounting operations and ensure accurate financial reporting in accordance with GAAP. Your daily responsibilities will include but not be limited to, processing bill payments, expense reporting and ad hoc requests. We are looking for someone who can lead the daily accounting operations and monthly close process while simultaneously looking for ways to streamline and create efficiencies. You are a highly motivated, technically proficient person with a strong sense of ownership and business ethics to deliver quality work on a daily basis.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Take ownership of daily accounting functions.
- Lead month-end close activities including but not limited to, revenue recognition, monthly journal entries, bank reconciliation, and all other balance sheet account reconciliation.
- Prepare, consolidate and analyze financial statements on a timely and accurate basis
- Proactively identify issues and areas for improvement within the close process and implement process improvements.
- Prepare financial statements, schedules and analyses, along with supporting documentation for the year-end audit.
- Work with external tax professionals and government agencies to ensure tax filings are completed in an accurate and timely manner. Assist with quarterly and annual income tax requests.
- Assist with developing and improving accounting policies and processes as the business evolves.
- Assist with any special projects as needed (including technical accounting research and board presentations)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting or finance
- 2-4 years of progressive experience in public accounting or industry experience
- CPA license or candidate preferred
- Strong understanding of GAAP and FASB codification and pronouncements that includes complex revenue recognition and internal control framework development
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (v-lookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Experience implementing ERP systems a plus
- Self-starter who can creatively solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with ability to teach and train others
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Passionate and knowledgeable about p2p markets
TaskRabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group – the world’s largest furniture retailer – in 2017
At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries and 75+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love – and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
You’ll love working here because:
- TaskRabbit is a remote first company. We recognize that talented people live all over the world.
- Collaboration hub offices in San Francisco, Austin and London
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams — people you can be proud to work with!
- Senior Leadership Team 75% women
- Director Level 86% Diverse
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision 100% covered for employees, 401k plan with company matching, generous and flexible vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, weekly meditations, and a dog-friendly office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.