AspireIQ is the leading influencer marketing and content generation platform for brands.
We solve the massive problem that faces every business today: how do you create enough content to keep up with every marketing channel? AspireIQ enables brands to generate image and video content at scale with photographers, influencers, and creators and then analyze each piece of content across paid, owned, and earned media.
Named a ‘Leader’ in The Forrester New Wave: Influencer Marketing Solutions, AspireIQ is trusted by more than 400 leading consumer brands, including Samsung, HelloFresh, Kroger, Tuft & Needle and Poshmark and we’re looking for great people to join our team!
We are looking for a highly motivated and driven accountant with in-depth knowledge of accrual basis accounting, proficiency in accounting systems and strong motivation to contribute to the achievement of an efficient financial reporting process. You’ll be responsible for processing accounting transactions, preparation of reconciliations, maintaining the integrity of the general ledger, and providing ad-hoc analysis and support to the Controller and Senior Controller.
You are a great fit if you’re self-driven, obsessively accurate, highly organized, and an enthusiastic team player with a strong work ethic in a remote context.
What you’ll be doing
- Support the month end close process, including preparing journal entries, account reconciliations and the monthly reporting package. Areas include, but are not limited to:
- Customer trust accounts, taxes, payroll, commissions, and equity
- Oversee trust accounting process, ensuring invoice and payment transactions are processed accurately. Perform research and analysis over customer accounts and provide support to internal and external business partners in account inquiries
- With the assistance of our external tax firm, manage federal, state and local tax compliance and filings
- Manage sales tax compliance and filings through Avalara
- Assess commissions and bonuses for accounting treatment in accordance with ASC 340-40 Contracts with Customers
- Utilize Carta to determine stock compensation expense. Maintain quality of employee information in the system
- Support operational accounting functions (AR/AP) on an as needed basis
- Work collaboratively with the team to identify and implement processes and controls to minimize financial risks
- Perform technical accounting research and analysis
- Assist with audit review preparations
- Ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience
- Solid understanding of US GAAP, general accounting processes and internal controls
- Intermediate or advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal direction to accomplish objectives
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external business partners
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Proven high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Strong remote work skills and communication
- CPA and/or public accounting experience at a national firm
- Experience working in dynamic and fast-paced startup environment
- Experience with QuickBooks Online, Avalare, Carta and GSuite
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This role is open to candidates located in the United States. This role does not qualify for immigration or work visa sponsorships.