*This position has multiple openings and we anticipate will remain open for applications until 9am Pacific time, April 30th, 2021. Please expect an update on your application in approximately two weeks from submission.
Truss is a software consultancy known for trust, pragmatism, autonomy, and expertise. We believe strong relationships with our clients, contractors and employees is fundamental to doing great work.
is tackling tough technical problems for the private sector and government. We implement and advocate modern development practices to build software and streamline infrastructure. As a Truss engineer you will facilitate bringing our values
to our clients and help drive toward understanding what their end users truly need.
We are seeking empathetic, curious, and quick-learning engineers to join our team. A position with Truss will allow you to use your rich skill-set to build an energetic yet balanced environment with a team of curious, helpful people.
Truss encourages applicants from a wide range of experience to apply, including those with backgrounds in application, UI, backend and/or frontend engineering, as well as generalists. We would like you to have experience in at least 3-4 of the following:
- Thoughtful, process-oriented approach to engineering, testing and agile software development.
- Leading software delivery teams through agile ceremonies.
- Web frameworks such as React, Vue, Angular, Rails, Django, Flask, Express, etc.
- Modern web technologies such as HTML, CSS.
- Best practices such as accessibility, progressive enhancement, etc.
- Common API design patterns like REST or GraphQL.
- Common databases (MySQL, postgreSQL) and data schema design.
- Converting design wireframes or mockups into working code.
- Structuring projects/applications using technology and process to enable junior engineers to be more productive.
- Security-first software development (examples: designing identity and authorization systems).
- Designing systems for the cloud.
If you have more experience than is reflected here, that’s great! We’ll be pleased to exercise your broader/deeper skill set. We value inclusion and welcome diverse viewpoints.
The salary range for this role is $166,500 – $192,500.
You must be eligible to work in the US. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
** A note from Truss: We know you’re likely experiencing a lot of disruption as our nation (and our world) responds to COVID-19 – we’re experiencing it, too. There are two things we want you to know when it comes to hiring. First, we’re financially stable. We have a variety of well-established government contracts that we expect to continue over the next few years. Also, we’re winning new work, and we have a robust rainy day fund. Second, during video interviews, you’ll likely see more of our human side. Family members, partners, kids and pets are home with some of us! We promise to be present and engaged, but we may be a little…harried. It’s OK if you are, too – we understand that everyone is experiencing extra stress right now. If you have any questions along the way, please let us know, and stay healthy and safe. **